Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Why paint it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Why paint it?

Im a little confused about this. Why r there so many guys painting the bottom rear valance on their Trans Am flat black to make it look like a version its not? It does look ok on the cars it came factory on & on certain colors for other ones, but i have seen alot of cars with before & after pics where that particular paint change dont really look that good. Also been seein this on alot of camaros? So what really is the point of it? Just to make it look like a model its not? Not tryin to be a dick or anything, just curious.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i liked the way it looked
Old 06-28-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Be glad you don't live in L.A. where the ricers drive their little red and blue cars with white ground effects and black hoods
Old 06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

I always felt it should have come painted- Like the Afterthoughtsauto.com slogan, "Stuff the factory forgot."

My factory Hurst shifter came with the vinyl sleeve loose from the dealer. I put a ring under it so it can stay up. Is there someting wrong with that? I changed how my car was made... But some changes are also, "improvements."

I feel that GM cut corners on alot of non-powertrain related issues (Well, maybe some powertrain realted ones too). Why do we do half of the things we do to our cars? For one, expressing individuality is a reason. My reason for the things I do is simple: What Pontiac should have done.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine's not that way, but I like the visual effect, ..., I think it looks good, ...
It's all a matter of opinion, ya either like it or ya don't,..., no big deal, ...
Old 06-28-2005, 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

Hell they do that here with big *** dents all in their cars. Then they try to pull up next to me or other Trans Am's or Camaro's & think they can smoke us because they r smaller & have their new ugly *** body kit that dont even fit right or has wood screws holdin it on. I even saw one on my lunch break that had bout 5 diferent color body parst on it & he had the nerve to rev at me like he had something special. At least primer the P.O.S.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

i guess its just me then, i just think the whole back end looks better all one color, if the car came that way. i dont think there is anything wrong with personalizing your car, im all for it. I was just simply askin why so many people do it. Because it does make it look like a model its not. i guess part of the reason some people do it is to make other people think it really is what it looks like. (EX.. i saw a guy on here who wanted to have someone else with a different model car scan their factory window sticker for him so he could post it at car shows like it was that model, when it wasnt.)
My point is every model is unique in its own way, u dont have to make it a different model when personalizing it for it to look awsome or perform like u want it.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Veteran

I think it looks cleaner as a solid color. Not a big fan of it. One guy around here has a T/A primered (with clearcoat on top of it or something) and even has the valance painted black. But to each his own I guess...
Old 06-28-2005, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

I think it looks badass. It really gives definition to the rear of the car. I think the Camaros look really good like that too. Just sets off the color and makes it stand out. Now the only people who really know what the special cars are (Anniversary, Blackbird, ZL1, etc.) would immediately know that these cars are not anything special. They are simply the owners expression of individuality. I've seen aftermarket renditions of the Firehawk hood, but I know that it isn't a real Firehawk even if someone makes it look similar. It doesn't bother me....to each his own. It's like putting C5 wheels on a F-body, or Corvette Valve covers......does it really matter?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

no, it doesnt really matter. i was just wondering why some people choose to do it instead of leaving it the same color of the car. I think, in my own opinion, that there r some colors out there that just dont look good with it done. I was just curious as to some peoples reasons. Everyone is gonna do whatever they want to their car no matter what anyone else thinks anyway & more power to them.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
no, it doesnt really matter. i was just wondering why some people choose to do it instead of leaving it the same color of the car. I think, in my own opinion, that there r some colors out there that just dont look good with it done. I was just curious as to some peoples reasons. Everyone is gonna do whatever they want to their car no matter what anyone else thinks anyway & more power to them.
I think your car would look great with this appearance mod as well. You obviously don't care for it much and that's fine. Either way, your car is really nice looking. I personally think NBM in a WS6 is one of the best looking colors available. And I still think your rear valance painted black would make it look even better.

Quick Reply: Why paint it?