Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Can = False Knock?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header Can = False Knock?

Wondering if there is any truth or what the likeihood is of false knock if I upgraded to headers from my current combo. Have an 02 LS1 with 222-222 .581-.581 115 xer, AFR 205, and vig 2800. Car was tuned with my stock manifolds/cats (376rwhp - 361rwtq). Have gone 12.7 @ 108 on street tires but I know I'm leaving substantial power on the table. I don't want to lose ground clearance or create much more sound, but the need for more power is prevailing. Thinking about Kooks with their y-pipe, but am concerned about false knock. After all what is the point of spending all of that money and having the car dyno tuned again if it ends up on the streets/track in a false knock condition. I want faster trap speeds and if the car is pulling timing is obviously pointless. With 93 octane should I be concerned about false knock with LTs or? Guess I will just leave it there for now.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you get it tuned IMO there is ntohing to worry about. the only false knock you would see would be if it hits something. im not seeing any false knock from my headers and never have, even when they banged