Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What all do I need.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What all do I need.

Im refreshing the 10 bolt because my pinion seal is shot, and dont really know what I need. I know a solid crush sleeve is going in, but do I really need new carier bearings, what about pinion bearings. I want to get this done without spending an arm and a leg.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

you really can't say untill you have the stuff apart. a lot of people like to repalce it just for good measure though, but if you are really strapped for cash, don't replace them unless need be.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
you really can't say untill you have the stuff apart. a lot of people like to repalce it just for good measure though, but if you are really strapped for cash, don't replace them unless need be.
I just dont want it to get to the point where it makes it lost casue vs the cost of a 12 bolt. I know im gona have to replace everything up front (pinion seal, crush sleeve, pinion spacers, pinion bearings) but if it turns into a full rebuild ill just go out looking for another non leaking 10 bolt, or save up for a 12 bolt(even though the car will never have anything to justify one)