Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCC settings for C5

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCC settings for C5

I need help with the TCC table "Normal Mode MPH vs %TPS" and "Cruse Mode MPH vs %TPS". I am using LS1Edit.

I tried to search the forum but I keep getting an error message saying it can't search.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell us more about the setup you got and we'll figure something out
Old 06-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

If it is like the HP Tuners equivalent, you will be setting the TCC apply and release speeds for each gear relevant to your TPS. Marcin's right, you should tell us more about your specific wants and car setup.

Maybe some generic info will help. In HPT if you don't want any TCC lock, you will set those cells to 256. If you want to lock TCC in 3rd gear you will have to consider driving habits carefully, as you can have the TCC locking/unlocking frequently if you mess incorrectly with the settings. Some of us only lock TCC cruising in 4th to improve mileage and keep heat a little lower. I personally turned it off in 3rd because I like the feel and live in 3rd for most driving. With a stock setup (98 C5) the heat increase appears minimal.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Guys,
Thanks for the response. I take my C5 to the drag strip a couple of times a month. I have been recording my runs using Ease Diagnostics. Everything looks great in 1st and 2nd gear. When it shifts to 3rd it is like it is going into "Granny" mode. I concluded that the torque controller must be my problem in 3rd. I am wondering what is the best settings for the tables "Normal Mode MPH vs %TPS" and "Cruse Mode MPH vs %TPS".

I have added my info in the signature so you can see what mods I have.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

First thing i'd do is disable engine and transmission abuse mode. I'd say that is your first suspect. Also make sure at 100% tps in 3rd gear your lockup point is set at 256. Hope this helps
Old 07-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Teching In

Smoking WS6,

Thanks for the response. My lockup point at 100% TPS was set to 105 MPH so that probably is one of the main problems. I have disabled Abuse Mode too.

Last edited by Jim Shearer; 07-01-2005 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

At the drag strip you are mashing the gas and holding on, so you're at WOT, right? Your speed to lock TCC at 100% throttle is 105 MPH; my understanding is the tables you are considering are part throttle tables. At WOT you will not lock TCC; to lock it you would have to command it using software. Are your WOT shift points/speeds where you want them? How about time to shift? Since you've moved to a 3.42 I wonder if other software tweaks need to be made since you would have had the 2.73 or 3.15 stock.

And please tell us you're burning the rubber off until you can get non-RF's. You've got some serious mods there to be hooking them to the pavement with run-craps ;-)
Old 07-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Teching In

I think my problem was that it was locking at WOT. I have adjusted the PCM for my 3.42.

At the drags I run BFG drag radials. The Firestones are street only and yes, I can burn the rubber off them. I hook up fairly good with the BFG drags. 1.85 has been my best 60' time. I think I can improve that with practice.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The TCC table is referenced at part and full throttle. I'd say that was his problem and it'll work great now at the track.