Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a 4L60E computer control a 4L80E?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Will a 4L60E computer control a 4L80E?

I've heard it mentioned before... can you run a 4L80E off of a computer (say an LS1 Camaro computer) that originally controlled a 4L60E? Are the wiring harnesses/plugs the same?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastKat
I've heard it mentioned before... can you run a 4L80E off of a computer (say an LS1 Camaro computer) that originally controlled a 4L60E? Are the wiring harnesses/plugs the same?

Speartech makes a adapter harness for plugging a 60 harness into an 80........ And yes, there have been several instances where guys are running the 80 off of the stock ECM.......I know Ken @ carputing has done the setup before, and I *think* a couple guys have done it using the HPTuners Pro version.....I dont know the specifics of how it was done, but am pretty sure it can be done

We did not know that when I originally did my swap, so i just used a manual valve body
Old 07-01-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone else?

Anyone else have any input???

Originally Posted by FastKat
Old 07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like it was said there are companies that make a harness that is needed for a different VSS,and an extra line that runs into the PCM. and yes people are running the same PCM (as far as the truck guys, would not see why it would be different for the LS1 people). You need to change A4 setting for the tranny, and you should be good to go. This can be done with HP tuners. I think speartech can actually send you a new calibrated PCM for the settings. It might be free if you buy the harness, or it just might be like $40, I cant remember correctly.

Hope that helps a little.

Quick Reply: Will a 4L60E computer control a 4L80E?