Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Default 05 mustang gt

hey my friend just got a 05 mustang gt he put a k&n cold air, catback and predator tune on it, i rode in it and it feels pretty quick. i was jsut wondering if you guys might know what kinda times it might run and how safe i am to run against it. i know i should beet it but just making sure by the way we are both automatics without stalls
Old 06-30-2005, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should take him, but don't expect it to be a walk in the park. Spin too much or let him get the jump and playing catch up might not be all that easy. Last I saw they were supposed to run about a 13.7, but from what I gather you want a manual in the mustang to go fast. Given his tranny you might walk him pretty good.

BTW: This sort of thing doesn't really belong in the tech forums. It's better off in the racers lounge or street racing and kills section. Maybe new enthusiasts, people use it as a kind of general forum.....
Old 06-30-2005, 11:44 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should take him no problem.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

his car doesnt have the same power for sure because i spin when i hit it at 35 and throws my head back but him its all smooth and like a bullit kinda weird i couldnt tell how fast we were going haha. but that might be partially b/c i have the loudmouth exhaust with LT's and he has a quiet catback and stock manifolds