Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler Help!!!

got an '02 SS with Kooks headers and y-pipe hooked to a Flowmaster and run out my Center Mount Exhaust setup...

its an A4 car so the Flowmaster sounds kinda raspy.....

well the car is basically just a bolt on car with not heads or cam or anythin like that but hope to be cammed within a year or so...

well anyhow, i wanted to see what most of yall would recommend to replace my Flowmaster???

i like the Hooker ok and i like the Magnaflow but i dont think it will hook into my centermount and i have some mixed feelings toward it on the sound nature of it, and i dont kow of any other good brands

thanks guys!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:53 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Do you have an ORY? If you do go with the magnaflow, I have that on my car currently with an ORY and it sounds really good. I dont see why it would not work with the center mount either.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

yeah i have some mixed feelings about the Magnaflow...
sometimes it sounds good and sometimes i dont like it but i think what is makin me think about it is that my car is an A4 which will make it sound more raspy like betwen first and second when it shifts

and on the other hand i like the Hooker but i havent got to hear it take off just a lil idle and most of the sounds i have herd have been with a cam

the magnaflow with a small cam sounds GREAT!!!

with my CME, i dont think the magnaflow will just weld rit eup due to the fact that the outlets are both on the same side and it has to route back to the passenger side so i would have to have a mandrel bend like comes with the kit...

CME can be more of a hassle than you think, but it looks good
Old 07-01-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

TSP Rumbler or ST True Duals
Old 07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the hooker & u can hear it with all stock exhaust except the cat-back hooker if u go to LS1sounds.com