Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX WEt kit and a 4,000 Stall Which Window Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX WEt kit and a 4,000 Stall Which Window Switch?

I just ordered a kit and ended up getting a digital MSD Window Switch. I started thinking about my set up which isn't exactly ideal for Nitrous, but will work just fine.

I have a 2001 Corvette A4 with a Yank SS4000 Torque Converter. If I go WOT from a stop I am going to flash above 4,000 quickly, which means (even if I have my window switch set at 4,000 rpm,s or higher, my Nitorus is going to HIT right out of the hole in 1st Gear becasuse my Stall is going to Flash to 4,000! That might be a HUGE Problem with traction

Am I missing something? Is this going to be a problem? What RPM's should I set my MSD Digital Window switch to turn ON with my set up???

I talked with Nitro Dave and ordered my NX Dual Nozzle Kit and was between the BMN Window switch and the Digital MSD. I went with the Digital MSD, but didn't think of this potential issue with traction and spraying in 1st gear until Just Now.

The BMN Window switch has a 1st gear lockout feauture ,does that work for an automatic????? It just talks about an MN6 on their website. I would assume it would work, but am not sure?????

If it does have a 1st gear lockout feature, would that be a better Window switch for my set up because I could just lockout the Nitorus in first gear and then not spray the nitorus until I hit 2nd gear and am already moving pretty good.

Any thoughts on this guys???? Is the MSD gonna work or will this one work better?????

Here is the BMN Website:
http://www.bmnracetech.com/products.html

BTW, I know NX Makes a SWEET NewMaximaizer that is bad ***, but I don't have $650.00 to spend on that right now and all I am spraying is 100 shot and that might be overkill for what I am doing.

Thanks and sorry for the long post

Last edited by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit; 07-01-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:53 PM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Yes it will work with an auto. I don't like to push anything realy so you might want to ask some of the other membors using em what they think about us.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I havent personally used a BMN but many customers have and I have only heard good things about their switch. They also seem to be a stand up company.
Hope this helps!

Dean
Old 07-02-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The best option might be to get that BMN Window Switch with a 1st gear lockout. The standard "TURN ON" can be set (2,500-4,000) and "TURN OFF" (5,300-6,800).

My shift Extentions are like 5,300 on this 4,000 stall so I might need to RAISE the Lower Range of the TURN ON Parameter. I found out I can do this.

I got an e-mail from BMN stating the following:
It does work with an auto. The lower turn on
RPM's can be custom programed for a 3500 to 5000 turn on if you'd like. This
will help get over your flash point.

I wonder if I need to RAISE the Turn On RPM's to 3,500-5000???

Thanks Guys