Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First Run With My '00 TA M6 .v.s Modded 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 10:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First Run With My '00 TA M6 .v.s Modded 5.0

A buddy of mine and I got together for some friendly runs last night. I hadn't got a chance since I got my car last week to run anyone so we met up.

Guys got a late '80's LX hatch with full bolt-ons, cam, 4.10's, nitrous, and "maybe" some headwork, not sure though.

We ran the first three runs with him on motor, I got the move...

First run I leave about 2,5k and get about 1 car off the line and just pull him bad the whole run, had 8-9 cars on him. He said he missed 3rd.

Second run I left about 3k and spun pretty bad. He left right with me and actually got about 1/2-1 car on me when I got the move I grab 2nd and pulled nose to nose with him. I click 3rd, out about 1 car now, and I just start walking away. We go through the finish with me out about 3-4 cars.

Third run I left about 2,5k again, got a good leave and pulled 1-1.5 cars from the start. Pulled the whole way through with 3rd-4th just getting worse and worse. We go through with me about 4-5 cars out.

I asked if he had any nitrous in the bottle and he said he did. I didn't know what kind of hit he had on it but just figured that he'd probably wax me. We were just bored at this point and I figured what the hell, just for kicks and giggles.

We line up and I get the move again...

I leave about 2,5k once again and get a pretty good leave, about 1-1.5 cars. He waits 'til 2nd to spray and I hear him go to the jug. I pull 2nd and he pulls up to my rear bumper. Through 2nd he stays about 1 car behind. I pull third and start to pull away pretty good and then all of the sudden he falls back quick. He ended up having a backfire halfway through 3rd.

All in all a fun night. The Stang had supposedly been mid 13's NA at the track on a radial. We were both a radials and I'm completely stock for now...

Jon

Last edited by COMNBYU; 07-02-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kill, too bad you don't know what size shot it is