Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Point me in the right direction. Looking to add bling to the engine compartment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Point me in the right direction. Looking to add bling to the engine compartment.

Hey all:

Just need some input and ideas on adding more detail to my engine compartment in my 02 Z-28. Also where to get them. I have looked at ebay but didn't find anything and with all the sponsers I am not sure which one sells them.

Give me some ideas on adding some bling to the engine copartment.

Thanks all
Old 07-02-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could look at MBA Products for some billet aluminum goodies including: cap covers, dipstick handles, cyl. head plates, etc...

You could either go with Fuel Rail Covers that are available from several sources including ebay and Afterthoughts Auto (sponsor) http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/fuel-rail-covers.html

Or you could relocate your coil packs and go with a nice set of billet or sheet metal valve covers. The relo kit is available from Thunder Racing and the covers are available from several sources including Nasty Performance and GenIII Performance. If you go this route, you could also paint your intake and go with billet fuel rails with braided stainless lines...available from Speed Inc, Nasty Performance...

Don't forget the !wire mod and the !hood release cable mod.

You could go with a chrome underhood bolt kit from Hillco fasteners (do a search on this site for more info).

Speed, inc. sells some nice covers for the fuse boxes, battery, PCM...this line is called Show Styles...it is still available, but is not yet listed on their newer website.

These are some of the things I have done or are planning to do...You are limited only by your imagination and budget...hope this helps!
Old 07-03-2005, 08:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots you can do if you have a tight budget.

1. Wire mod
2. Polish your fasteners, buy Stainless steel at your local hardware store then sand and polish they will look chrome.
3. Relocate all your ground wires so they can't be seen.
4. I didn't see what year car was but if it is 98-00 remove the EGR/ Air pump.
5. Start polishing the aluminum there is enough under there to keep you busy for awhile.

All the above can be done for not much $ with a big payoff.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:19 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Just a very clean engine compartment is impressive no matter what (if any) underhood mods are done.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Powder coated valve covers. Powder coated TB. Billet fuel rails.

Quick Reply: Point me in the right direction. Looking to add bling to the engine compartment.