Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

need help after rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help after rebuild

I just rebuilt my LS1 and reused my crank, rods, and pistons everthing else was new, including heads and cam. the heads are milled .36 i am using a tsp 228 and 7.35 pushrods. I am also using the weiland aluminum intake and asp underdrive pulley.i also went to TR6 plugs where i was using tr55's, i have also tried 3 differant tunes none of wich changed the sypmtoms. also i went ahead and rebuilt the engine while i had it out just for reasons of freshingit up. there was no mechanical reason to the rebuild.

It is fine at idle and fine if i take off at WOT and is fine all the way througheach gear as long as i am at WOT but if I let off or take off normal and just crusie or lightly accelerate i get little pops (backfires) out the exhaust, and it will not kickdown at WOT once it does this. I have to come to a complete stop and take off again to be able to accelerate hard again. im sure its detecting knock and ang cutting timeing but why? also if i am crusing on the highway at say around 65 my rpms are low but it surges the whole time and i cannot get on it.

is there anyone close to columbus that could help me out
Old 07-04-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just thought of something else. This car was a 95 firebird with a 3.4L annd i transplanted a 98 Ls1 in her but didnt change the fuelpump. i had the wiring harness worked and used a custom fuel rail with a return line and regulator built in so i wouldnt have to drop the tank or change guages. Does this sound like a fueling problem?
Old 07-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Banned

What kinda fuel pressure are you getting?
Old 07-08-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt..