Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stumble at idle, help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stumble at idle, help?

So I am trying to finish my smog legal RX7/LS1 and working with a mail order tuner to get my tune correct, and ran into some coasting tune problems.

My car was running fine with a 2002 PCM that I bought on ebay, but it was throwing the 1336 code, so the guy told me to send my original computer (a 2000 PCM) and he would put the tune in that.

So I mailed my computer to him, then when I got it back and installed it, I have an idle issue.

When I put her in neutral coasting, the car will fall to about 200rpm then surge to 1200rpm, then drop to 200, surge, repeat. When I stop it falls to the correct ~800rpm idle.

Any idea what would cause that?

Im going to try and cycle it a few more times to see if that helps, then switch back to my other 2002 computer.

Also, when I try and get the VIN with my software, it gives me a bad vin number.

What I think the tuner did to my computer:
2001 or 2002 program with 2001 or 2002 VIN
low speed fan turn on at 210, off at 205
no high speed fan at all
all emissions related systems and codes functioning
3.90 gears
245/40/18 tires

The speedo looks to be spot on, the fan seems to work right, and the computer is not throwing any codes, but that idle issue needs to be taken care of.

The car idles fine with the first tune that I got on the PCM that I bought from ebay. What is the difference?

Thanks for the help!

-Jason