Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

04 cobra, lightning and 30AY TA.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 03:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 cobra, lightning and 30AY TA.

went to the legal street races tonight and had a coulpe of good races.
1st 04 cobra vert: intake, headers, x-pipe and cat-back. running on nittos.
my mods in sig running on BFG's.
i get 2 cars on the launch and win by 2 cars he said he missed 2nd. we line up again, i get a bad launch and get a one car lead, the caught me 3/4 in to the 1/4 mile and my front bumper was at his side mirror., it was a bad *** race i think i could have done better on the launch.

the lightning and the ta i raced on the highway on the way home. the ta was a m6 and at the legals earlyer and i asked him what he had he said heads and cam, clutch and intake. i asked him the spec's on the cam and he looked at me like i was speaking jiberish or something, it didn't sound like it had a cam but who knows. ww went 2 times on the high way both at 60, first race he guns it first and we are even and i start to pull but don't catch him. we shut down at 100, 2nd race i get the jump and and i slowly pulled we shut down at 110 with his fromt at my rear wheels.
i don't think it was camed because i don't think i could pull a cam m6 on a roll.

next was the lightning went from a 60 roll and put 3 cars on him shut down at 100. 2nd i let him get a half a car jump and am reeling him it and by 115 i have a car on him.

it was a bad *** night, i think the cobra needed a driver mod, but i think i can take a stock or mildly moded one pretty easy.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00formLs1
i asked him the spec's on the cam and he looked at me like i was speaking jiberish or something, it didn't sound like it had a cam but who knows.
Thats when I say mines stock. If they ask why is it so loud if its stock, i'll give them the gutted cats line.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

it could have been a mild cam bt like i said we raced from a roll and i pulled on him, so thats why i didn't think it was camed, if it was then i guess my cars a freak,
one of the times he was in front of me on the highway he floored it and a huge cloud of black some came out, i thought he had a blowout, so if it was camed maybe it wasn't running its best otr its full potential