View Full Version : Mazda To Do A Diesel Miata

bruddah_man_matt
07-04-2005, 04:38 AM
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/57892/mx5_diesel_gets_goahead.html

Hey with the advanced made in diesel technology over the past decade, why not. It'll be interesting to see whether these oil burning Miatas sell. As for Mazda's decision to keep the rotary out of the Miata, well if that's the case I only hope that it finds its way into a 2 door version of the SE3P as was the original plan back when the RX-8 was first introduced. A lower curb weight combined with the free revving nature of the Rotary isn't something many enthusiasts would have a problem with.

B T
07-07-2005, 12:07 PM
free revving nature of the Rotary isn't something many enthusiasts would have a problem with.
>>>>>>

:barf:

No thanks, I wasted 15 yrs on rotary CRAP and I have nothing to show for it but grey hair and ALOT lighter wallet. :bang: :ripped: :bang:

Mazda ain't gettin no mo of my mo! :bomb:

bruddah_man_matt
07-07-2005, 03:38 PM
free revving nature of the Rotary isn't something many enthusiasts would have a problem with.
>>>>>>

:barf:

No thanks, I wasted 15 yrs on rotary CRAP and I have nothing to show for it but grey hair and ALOT lighter wallet. :bang: :ripped: :bang:

Mazda ain't gettin no mo of my mo! :bomb:

It really depends. Turbo rotaries are notorious for being problematic (one of the reasons my dad is finally selling his FD, FD = Financial Disaster) but naturally aspirated rotaries can live forever provided the apex seals which are a major area of concern are properly taken cared of. I've got friends with naturally aspirated FCs that have gone 150,000 even 200,000 miles in one case and they still run great. I won't deny that there are much more efficent ways to make power than with a rotary engine, and that the design itself does have it's flaws, but there is still an allure about the free revving nature of the engine that many enthusiasts still love.

I hear what you're saying though and I'm sure many people might agree with you. For anyone who's had to deal with a problematic rotary, talk about a PITA.

bbqz28
07-07-2005, 04:00 PM
A high revving deisel?? Isn't that an oxymoron??

Iroc313
07-07-2005, 05:49 PM
com'on guys its a mazda and its a miata I mean:givesfuck really

bruddah_man_matt
07-08-2005, 05:39 AM
com'on guys its a mazda and its a miata I mean:givesfuck really

Well you obviously gave enough of a fuck to come in here and post a reply (a quite intelligent reply I might add) which bumped the post to the top. Thanks for helping to let others who may or may not give a fuck see the thread. I think the Racers Lounge is looking for someone to complain about something. Maybe you should check it out. :eyes:

Iroc313
07-08-2005, 12:13 PM
wow I can see you dont like me very much :engarde:

bruddah_man_matt
07-08-2005, 04:45 PM
wow I can see you dont like me very much :engarde:

:eyes: