Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Dash Cover Removal (HELP!) One Bolt Left?

Old 07-04-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dash Cover Removal (HELP!) One Bolt Left?

Alright, I have searched for info on how to take the dash out of my 1995 TA, and could not find the answer to the problem I have. I have all of the bolts out and the dash is loose, but it is stuck/connected to the HVAC piping in the center of the dash, how are they disconnected? They are connected in the right-center behind where the HVAC controls mount. I do not want to take all the piping out with the dash (I am just taking it out to recover/paint). Does the steering column really need to be lowered to take the dash out? It seems that it will all come out easily if I could just find out how to unbolt that one location! If anyone knows could you please help me out! Thank You...
Old 07-05-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone? Ideas....
Old 07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I finally got the dash out! It was actually pretty easy, pulled all panels that come off dash, pulled guages, just took all the 7mm bolts you can physically see on the bottom of the dash/underneath and across the top (and pull the butterfly clips out on the top), drop steering column, unhook all electronics, pull stereo, and move HVAC controls (push them in the center of the dash/no need to unhook them), pull passenger airbag 13mm bolts off top and pull all bolts holding the airbag brace under dash, pull everything that is loose out and unscrew the final two bolts from behind (one is right behind the farthest left[Driver Side] vent the other is down the center of the dash close to behind where the HVAC controls mount in the dash). Then the dash comes out pretty easily.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Teching In

hey, i wanted to remove my dash board too, is there any tips u have?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dash Cover Removal (HELP!) One Bolt Left?