Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to my car!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What happened to my car!?!

My car hasn't had any problems lately except trying to pass emissions, I've been getting 3 not readys on EVAP, catalyst, and O2 heater. Today I went to start my car and it cranked & ran fine. I backed it out of the garage and into the driveway and shut it off. I came back 2 hours later and went to start it and it wouldn't stay alive so I started it again and played with the throttle trying to hold it and normal idle rpms but it just kept dropping and shutting back off. I waited a few minutes and then it started fine but now when i'm driving the car around, the rpms won't drop below 1,400 rpms! No SES lights are coming on yet but something has to be wrong to cause this. I plugged in my Diablo and ECT was stuck on 199 degrees. I'm not sure what that is though so it didn't help me but it looked high. I dunno what I need to be looking for. thanks guys
-Chris
Old 07-05-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I drove it around for a while and by the end of the drive, it was acting normal again so I stopped to see if I could pass emissions yet and I did cuz my O2 heater became ready. I wonder if thats what could have made it act funky earlier
Old 07-06-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a loose ground or a wire taht got cut? bad ect sensor?