Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Experience with Movers Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Experience with Movers Anyone?

Ok, I thought I had posted this earlier, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Anyway, I am charged with helping my parents find movers to move their "house" stuff from Mukilteo to Edmonds in a few weeks. Does anyone have any experiences with any good (or bad - to stay away from) moving companies locally that I should know about?

They have a lot of heavy and antique stuff so I want a good, reliable and trustworthy company if anyone knows of any off hand.

Otherwise I have to randomly start calling places in the phone book and I hate doing that. Any help will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks in advance.

Darrin
Old 07-05-2005, 06:30 PM
12 Second Club

I'll call my brother (one of the sgt's in terrace) his daughters bf owns a moving company
Old 07-05-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

I had big issues with Hanson Bros even though they have been around for a long time.
The truck was too small after coming to the house seeing everything I had
They left the ramp at the old house...not discovered until we got to the new house
Broke the curved spindle on an antique dresser mirror.

Called the owner since it took US 5 hours of helping *them* load and unload, he only charged fuel fees so I wouldn't sue.

Sometimes its hit and miss especially this time of year, they hire a lot of students that need 'summer' jobs. The driver might have been with a company 20 years but the hired help maybe 20 minutes.
Yeah, I'm no help.....
Old 07-05-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rookiels1
I'll call my brother (one of the sgt's in terrace) his daughters bf owns a moving company
Thanks Josh, I would appreciate it. Gotta start making these calls first thing tomorrow.
Originally Posted by GEARHED
I had big issues with Hanson Bros even though they have been around for a long time.
The truck was too small after coming to the house seeing everything I had
They left the ramp at the old house...not discovered until we got to the new house
Broke the curved spindle on an antique dresser mirror.

Called the owner since it took US 5 hours of helping *them* load and unload, he only charged fuel fees so I wouldn't sue.

Sometimes its hit and miss especially this time of year, they hire a lot of students that need 'summer' jobs. The driver might have been with a company 20 years but the hired help maybe 20 minutes.
Yeah, I'm no help.....
I had a REALLLLLY bad experience with Starving Students a few years back........I still want to grenade every truck of theirs I see.
They should call it Starving (*******) Felons IMHO.

Anyone else.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just me, but I'd have big problems with any "professional" moving company moving MY valuables. I'm just not a trustful guy that way. I work on moving trucks and it always seems like the driver is an ex-con who's partially brain dead. It's kind of a running joke where I work
Old 07-05-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Racehead
Just me, but I'd have big problems with any "professional" moving company moving MY valuables. I'm just not a trustful guy that way. I work on moving trucks and it always seems like the driver is an ex-con who's partially brain dead. It's kind of a running joke where I work
Well, my folks and I can't/aren't going to be able to move all their ****. It isn't my decision and I sure don't wanna do all the work.

Most of the L.A. companies hire ex-felons to do the work and I have had about 50/50 luck with them. Hence why I am asking here
Old 07-05-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

There is "Mike the Mover." Don't know anything about the company besides the fact that every moving vehicle is equipped with a cannon and possibly other weapons. I'd say he's good to guard your stuff?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:48 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What ever you do.. DON'T use Starving Students.

Worst moving experience I ever had. They were 9 hours late... slow as hell, and broke a bunch of my stuff.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Poik
There is "Mike the Mover." Don't know anything about the company besides the fact that every moving vehicle is equipped with a cannon and possibly other weapons. I'd say he's good to guard your stuff?
Its been awhile but I have heard good things about MTM. Might want to give them a call?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

That moron was in the Edmonds parade yesterday...what a complete tool he is. And he is involved with the militia, not so much a mover and I sure as hell wouldn't tell him where i lived.
Originally Posted by DrEvyl
What ever you do.. DON'T use Starving Students.

Worst moving experience I ever had. They were 9 hours late... slow as hell, and broke a bunch of my stuff.
Sounds like we had the same "team" of movers from there. They are why I am minus my pool table, air hockey table and about 3 years of my life from stress trying to contain myself from NOT killing them.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

If it makes you feel any better, I know where Mike the Mover lives
Old 07-05-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Veteran

If it makes you feel any better, I know where Mike the Mover lives
Old 07-05-2005, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

Wasn't mike the mover snohomish county sheriff or at least tried getting elected to be? lol
Old 07-06-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rookiels1
Wasn't mike the mover snohomish county sheriff or at least tried getting elected to be? lol
I think he ran for an office, but I don't know if it was Sheriff.......I know he had his name legally changed to "Mike The Mover" so that tells me ALL I need to know about that ******* idiot.

Quick Reply: Experience with Movers Anyone?