Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine SPX-177R fronts & Type R 10" sub freq crossover recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Alpine SPX-177R fronts & Type R 10" sub freq crossover recommendations

Hello.

Finally got everything together, and trying to get some baseline ideas for HPF & LPF settings.

I have the above speakers installed in the doors, and the sub in a stealth enclosure.

I'm looking for the type of deep reverberating bass if possible. (IE, think of the new star trek generations motion pictures.. The type of bass that rattles your seat). This may or may not be possible with a single 10", but worth a shot.

From the fronts, I would like some level of bass, but midbass and midrange is more important (esp since there's a sub present which can handle the lower freqs).

The above parts are all hooked up to an alpine mrv-f545 amp (125x2 + 500 x1 for 4 ohm loads), so power should not be an issue.

Do I want the fronts & sub freqs to overlap (ie 100 hz for both filters), or do I want to have a gap? For now, I got things set at 125 hz for both, but I'm still tweaking. Also, the amp has a single band eq at 45Hz for the LPF, that's set to +3dB.

Thanks for reading this and offering your comments.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Spx

Originally Posted by GPz1100
Hello.

Finally got everything together, and trying to get some baseline ideas for HPF & LPF settings.

I have the above speakers installed in the doors, and the sub in a stealth enclosure.

I'm looking for the type of deep reverberating bass if possible. (IE, think of the new star trek generations motion pictures.. The type of bass that rattles your seat). This may or may not be possible with a single 10", but worth a shot.

From the fronts, I would like some level of bass, but midbass and midrange is more important (esp since there's a sub present which can handle the lower freqs).

The above parts are all hooked up to an alpine mrv-f545 amp (125x2 + 500 x1 for 4 ohm loads), so power should not be an issue.

Do I want the fronts & sub freqs to overlap (ie 100 hz for both filters), or do I want to have a gap? For now, I got things set at 125 hz for both, but I'm still tweaking. Also, the amp has a single band eq at 45Hz for the LPF, that's set to +3dB.

Thanks for reading this and offering your comments.
how are you coming / the tweaking of you're conponents ?

figure out the settings?

did you rearrange the jumper inside the cross overs?

I recently purchased the SPX-177r they are awsome / alpine 70WRMS.
next I plann the SPX-17mb while there still availble ( they will sece prodution).

PS I have the reverb bass you want it comes from the RF 0-18dB bass *** on top of a high EQ bass setting.

Hope this helps
Old 08-19-2006, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a pioneer 7700- i think, anyway i let it power my 6.5-3 ways in the door & the 6.5 mid woofers in the back seat panels.the radio has electronic crossovers in it for highs & another 1 for the subs.the highs set @ 125mhz.
my sub of choice is an audiobahn extreme excursion 10" in a stealthbox i built & it has about .75 cube ft,powered by a 800 watt sony explode amp. the freq on its set @ 80.
this gives me the the kind of bass that you are talking about
Old 08-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Folks, you do realize this thread is over a year old??
Old 08-20-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 1 year

yes I relize it's a year old and you also had zero response thought I try to help. and ask a ?

Thanks anyway
Old 08-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Launching!

LOl. The last time I used my car daily was probably back in march or early april. Since then, I put more miles on the bike than anything else.

I guess for a complete system redo, it sounds pretty good. I'm not sure what I would change if I had to do it over again. Probably not do it at all since I use the car so little

Quick Reply: Alpine SPX-177R fronts & Type R 10" sub freq crossover recommendations