Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Crazy Times we live in...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Times we live in...

On Saturday, club member of ours (Camaro Cruzers) had his garage broken into and the thieves tried to steal his '69 Camaro. They did some damage to the hood, trunk, and broke his steering column. Then, last nite at our usually quiet and crime-free apt. complex, we had a drive-by shooting that damaged 3-4 cars, including my girfriend's ride. Luckily no one was hurt, but they did about $2200.00 in damage. Is it me or is it that we are just becoming a more violent society?? All I can say is that is freaked the Hell out of my girfriend and not to mention how pissed off we are about the damage to her ride. Yeah, that is what insurance is for, but still don't mend the emotional damage that some people get from the experience.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel for you "city" boys and just thank god I'm lucky enough to be a country born redneck Seriously though that's some fucked up **** you have to deal with. When I lived in Phoenix I had my almost completely restored '71 Z28 stolen so I know that feeling well And YES we are becoming a more violent society IMO.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mike, Thats why Dan & I moved out of tacoma, We lived there for about a year just off of Sales & steel streets (really close to 512) Dan's 85 Firebird SE was broken in to & his sound system was stolen out of it (the head until not the changer) insurance paid for the window & the door being fixed but not the sound system, We ended up getting a new one from Car toys that next day because it was 2days after we bought the one that was stolen that it was stolen.

We started looking towards moving closer to home (I grew up in Yelm & he went to high school)

Also of the Masacure that happen July 4th weekend 98 at the bar just down the road.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Mike, Thats why Dan & I moved out of tacoma, We lived there for about a year just off of Sales & steel streets (really close to 512) Dan's 85 Firebird SE was broken in to & his sound system was stolen out of it (the head until not the changer) insurance paid for the window & the door being fixed but not the sound system, We ended up getting a new one from Car toys that next day because it was 2days after we bought the one that was stolen that it was stolen.

We started looking towards moving closer to home (I grew up in Yelm & he went to high school)

Also of the Masacure that happen July 4th weekend 98 at the bar just down the road.
Sometimes it is the price you pay to live where you do. Believe me, it is just not Tacoma either. Look up in Snohomish County... there is a lot going on up that way too. Sucks that this crap happens over trife things too.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Major violence is spreading into all communities, large & small. For 10 years I dealt with it and saw it grow and it just continues to do so. Even the tiny "safe" places are no longer immune from this. The best thing you can do is be smart, be safe and watch out for yourself and your neighbors/friends. And certainly don't leave yourself open to being a victim, even in the small, safe communities. I am still amazed at the number of people who leave their keys in their cars, the cars unlocked, their houses unlocked and then are shocked when something happens......uumm, HELLO??????
Old 07-06-2005, 04:05 AM
TECH Addict

I guess everyone forgot about the guy who got the $#!* beat out of him for trying to steal the first gen Camaro. How soon punk a$$ beaches forget.

That sucks what happened to you and the guy in the Camaro club. Every day and night I worry about neighbors doing something stupid. They all hate me with a passion already. I can't imagine what they would do if they got a wild hare.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

Tis true, this is getting to be a crazy world! But I don't think you can move a way from it. A certain rotten ***** who drove to bum-f*#k Idaho & raped 2 little kids & evidently killed one comes to mind. God what I'd give to have 5 mintues alone with that scumbag!

But I digress. As much as I hate more laws, maybe we need to make drive-by shootings (even cars) a mandatory life sentence. And anyone who beats the out of a thug (even to death) should get a $10,000 reward.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Veteran

We have been talking about the 'kids' that are in their teens now just down the road living in Cottage Lake Park.
They are already causing havoc throwing beer bottles and trying to camp on the property to smoke dope. Lil *******...John is ready with that "sound" a shotgun makes when you chamber it in the middle of the night

Last week someone stole our neighbours aluminum boat from the lake where we have been keeping them for years with no problem. Its the first time *anything* has happened out here. Everyone thinks we live in the toolies but its only going to get worse, the older they get the more bold they are.

Let the begin......
Old 07-06-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's what we get for letting Women run this country....We can't discipline our kids so now they are all starting to run wild and it's only going to get worse...

I saw a thing on the news the other day where they said that people who steal cars don't even go to jail until after the 7th time of getting caught! Thats just Crazy and that's what is wrong with Society...

And I agree with you Mark..That guys is just one person that shouldn't be on this planet....

Sorry to hear about your G/f's car and your friends car Pongo...
Old 07-06-2005, 10:21 AM
10 Second Club

Yep Steph, when they passed the law that says YOU will go to jail for spanking your bratty little kid when he/she really DESERVES IT, the writing was on the wall. Whatever happened to punishment that fits the crime? The system needs to treat these punks like the domestic terrorists they are. Put the fear of God in em. Lock em up & throw away the key. Or worse!!! Turning the other cheek certainly doesn't work.....
Old 07-06-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Yep Steph, when they passed the law that says YOU will go to jail for spanking your bratty little kid when he/she really DESERVES IT, the writing was on the wall. Whatever happened to punishment that fits the crime? The system needs to treat these punks like the domestic terrorists they are. Put the fear of God in em. Lock em up & throw away the key. Or worse!!! Turning the other cheek certainly doesn't work.....
I agree 110%...the punishment should fit the crime...and we need a big Oak tree right in the center of town for most of these people...
Old 07-06-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
And anyone who beats the out of a thug (even to death) should get a $10,000 reward.
Oh man... lemme go find a thug. Then I really would be able to afford a stroker AND a truck!!!

Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
I saw a thing on the news the other day where they said that people who steal cars don't even go to jail until after the 7th time of getting caught! Thats just Crazy and that's what is wrong with Society...
Honestly, it should be just like it was in the old west... you know, next to murder, stealing a horse was the worst crime someone could commit. They hung horse thieves... or didn't blink when the owner of the horse drug the thief out into the street and shot him.

I'll bet if stealing a car were treated the same way, there would be A LOT less car theft.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Veteran

What cracks me up is how liberal this State is painted, but then I listen to the real folks (you guys - it's residents) and I think, damn, just like being back in Bakersfield aka The Wild Wild West.

I think you guys are the best.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
What cracks me up is how liberal this State is painted, but then I listen to the real folks (you guys - it's residents) and I think, damn, just like being back in Bakersfield aka The Wild Wild West.

I think you guys are the best.

Look at our Govenor - about as liberal as you can get though that was by a court decision.
Historically our state has always been split red & blue - but they put us in a box when it comes to major elections. Did we get enough signatures to repeal the gas tax? No. Why not? Your average joe-shmo thinks we *need* more taxes and nanny state laws.

Face it Rott - there are only a few people willing to live life to its fullest and on the edge, we are the ones that want the least interference and the most control. The rest of the population has that lemming thought process going on so we truly are a minority.

Not that its a bad thing....
Old 07-06-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea its people like here that is trying to change this state in to JUST like Cali but with out the weather & the earthquakes
Old 07-06-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Veteran

We have wildfires, mudslides and sit on one of the largest fault lines on the pacific coast.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a place called "Arizona Bay"
Old 07-06-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED

Look at our Govenor - about as liberal as you can get though that was by a court decision.
Historically our state has always been split red & blue - but they put us in a box when it comes to major elections. Did we get enough signatures to repeal the gas tax? No. Why not? Your average joe-shmo thinks we *need* more taxes and nanny state laws.

Face it Rott - there are only a few people willing to live life to its fullest and on the edge, we are the ones that want the least interference and the most control. The rest of the population has that lemming thought process going on so we truly are a minority.

Not that its a bad thing....
I have lots and lots of guns & spare ammo......who needs eliminating?

Old 07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

I think thats a given with this group - I still need to get a range day together!

Ok, who can shoot FASTER?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

I would get you a list but you might still know a few cops who would do bad things to me.

Quick Reply: Crazy Times we live in...