Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02WS6 vs. Gallerdo...not exactly what u think

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02WS6 vs. Gallerdo...not exactly what u think

Well I have not posted here in quite some time but now I can and it is a hell of a run. So my friends and I are sitting at the local cruise spot at the 7/11 when I see a yellow Lamborghini Gallerdo sitting in the parking lot with a big crowd around it. I ask my friend to go and set up a run with him but he says those cars are meant for topend and never run a 1/4 especially on the street. Well about a 1/2 hour goes by and I see the Lambo leave, I look at my friend and ask if he wants to come with me to go and catch him. my friend throws down his coffee and we sprint over to my WS6 jump in it and leave like a bat out of hell to catch him since he left like 2mins before us. I go threw the parking lot kinda stupidly and get a little sideways exiting it. There is a cop parked on the other side of the road and he shines his spotlight on me. My friend says WATCHOUT , I told him to relax and the cop would understand, FOR GODSAKES ITS A LAMBORGHINI. I finally see him in a crowd of about 10 other cars at a light. I try and make my way threw the crowd and watch him totally annihilate a honda civic that was messing with him from a 30mph roll. Then an Evolution tried with him from the 30mph roll and the lambo annihilated him. I try to go next to him but an accord with 2bimbos say do you see the lamborghini and try to hit on him(older guy late20s) he annihilates them. BTW the sound from the V10 is aweinspiring . I finally make my way next to him in the right lane and by now I am so hyped up on adrenaline I am shaking. I look over at him and he slows down to 30mph again I am a little p.o. (why can't he go from a dead stop isn't he awd) I slow down with him and we both nail it maybe if anything he had about a half sec.jump on me. I nail it and a little bit, but suprise I am door to door with him up to 110mph then he pulls on me I am definetely annoyed maybe from a dead stop I coulda had him. So we both slow down and hit a light now to turn left and go on the highway He pulls next to us and says what do you have in that thing, I am about to say not much but my friend says "its just a 4 cylinder" the guy laughed but you could see his face said D*ck. Then he told my friend that he used to know him and what car he had and my friend said you had the vw right and a truck the guy said yeah, I then said wow it looks like you came into some money, he said I always had money, then the light went green. At that time my friend looked at me and said if we were faster I would have told you to "SMOKE HIM" but I couldn't so when we hit the highway we both took off up to 120 and I had him about a full carslength ahead of me then he pulled away hard. I forgot to tell you guys that when I was trying to get the lambo I developed a hard case of brake fade, so bad in that the steering wheel was shaking. Anyway pissed that I lost but just looke in the new issue of ROAD&TRACK and in the back when they tested the Lamborghini Gallerdo it was 165,000list and as tested 185,000 with a 500hp V10 and did 4.0sec 0-60 and a 12.3@117.4 in the 1/4. I did do a 12.3 in the 1/4 with slicks and race gas. But hey not that bad for a 30k car against a 185,000 exotic.
For those of you that did not read the entire story here is the sum up. I lost to the lamorghini Gallerdo from a 30mph roll to 110mph and then he kicked my azz on the highway from 40mph to 120mph. To all those that read my story thank you hopefully when I get my heads and cam I can go and get him and turn the tables around.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow....

paragraphs.

are.

your.

friends.

but yeah, i'd love to see a lambo on the streets....
Old 07-07-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02ws602wrx
Well I have not posted here in quite some time but now I can and it is a hell of a run. So my friends and I are sitting at the local cruise spot at the 7/11 when I see a yellow Lamborghini Gallerdo sitting in the parking lot with a big crowd around it. I ask my friend to go and set up a run with him but he says those cars are meant for topend and never run a 1/4 especially on the street. Well about a 1/2 hour goes by and I see the Lambo leave, I look at my friend and ask if he wants to come with me to go and catch him. my friend throws down his coffee and we sprint over to my WS6 jump in it and leave like a bat out of hell to catch him since he left like 2mins before us. I go threw the parking lot kinda stupidly and get a little sideways exiting it. There is a cop parked on the other side of the road and he shines his spotlight on me. My friend says WATCHOUT , I told him to relax and the cop would understand, FOR GODSAKES ITS A LAMBORGHINI. I finally see him in a crowd of about 10 other cars at a light. I try and make my way threw the crowd and watch him totally annihilate a honda civic that was messing with him from a 30mph roll. Then an Evolution tried with him from the 30mph roll and the lambo annihilated him. I try to go next to him but an accord with 2bimbos say do you see the lamborghini and try to hit on him(older guy late20s) he annihilates them. BTW the sound from the V10 is aweinspiring . I finally make my way next to him in the right lane and by now I am so hyped up on adrenaline I am shaking. I look over at him and he slows down to 30mph again I am a little p.o. (why can't he go from a dead stop isn't he awd) I slow down with him and we both nail it maybe if anything he had about a half sec.jump on me. I nail it and a little bit, but suprise I am door to door with him up to 110mph then he pulls on me I am definetely annoyed maybe from a dead stop I coulda had him. So we both slow down and hit a light now to turn left and go on the highway He pulls next to us and says what do you have in that thing, I am about to say not much but my friend says "its just a 4 cylinder" the guy laughed but you could see his face said D*ck. Then he told my friend that he used to know him and what car he had and my friend said you had the vw right and a truck the guy said yeah, I then said wow it looks like you came into some money, he said I always had money, then the light went green. At that time my friend looked at me and said if we were faster I would have told you to "SMOKE HIM" but I couldn't so when we hit the highway we both took off up to 120 and I had him about a full carslength ahead of me then he pulled away hard. I forgot to tell you guys that when I was trying to get the lambo I developed a hard case of brake fade, so bad in that the steering wheel was shaking. Anyway pissed that I lost but just looke in the new issue of ROAD&TRACK and in the back when they tested the Lamborghini Gallerdo it was 165,000list and as tested 185,000 with a 500hp V10 and did 4.0sec 0-60 and a 12.3@117.4 in the 1/4. I did do a 12.3 in the 1/4 with slicks and race gas. But hey not that bad for a 30k car against a 185,000 exotic.
For those of you that did not read the entire story here is the sum up. I lost to the lamorghini Gallerdo from a 30mph roll to 110mph and then he kicked my azz on the highway from 40mph to 120mph. To all those that read my story thank you hopefully when I get my heads and cam I can go and get him and turn the tables around.
Nice story! Ah, you win some and you lose some. That's the way it is. It's best to lose to something like that than a civic, hehe.

Go get em' next time when you get those heads and a cam. It will be no contest then.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Screw that, get a Bottle hit the throttle and make him look like a clown

Last edited by Ravenous T\A; 07-07-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

i dont think that they guy in the lambo would look like a clown. what is the worst case scenario he loses a drag race to a drag car. he still goes home and parks a 200k car that is probobly better than our fbods in every other way.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

damn my eyes hurt.... well guess nice death..
Old 07-07-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

u could of had him, but hes got alot more top end then you, from a dig u would of owned his A$$
Old 07-07-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02ws602wrx
I did do a 12.3 in the 1/4 with slicks and race gas.
You put race gas in an essentialy stock WS6?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

You have 329rwhp and you kept up with a Gallardo?
Old 07-07-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NumberOneSled
You have 329rwhp and you kept up with a Gallardo?
Overrated maybe? The Gallardo that is.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Orange Terror
Overrated maybe? The Gallardo that is.
nah, most exotic cars are built for top end, so he kept up with him till 100ish, then the lambo still had 100 more MPH in it, while the WS6 only had 50
Old 07-07-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn high 20's is old
Old 07-07-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

are u kidding, who the hell could have that kind of money in their 20's unless they were damn near famous or spoon fed by their parents
Old 07-07-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Rich parents
Old 07-08-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wish i coudl run into the guys liek that. Every ferrari and lambo i see doesnt want anythign to do with goin fast let alone racing. I see you say that you would destroy him from a dig, how is that? he is awd no? i know they aint made for 1/4 mile BUT most of us have seen teh lambo that launches on streetfire.com. It moves liek a damn rocket. GJ on not getting destroyed!

John
Old 07-08-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wish i coudl run into the guys liek that. Every ferrari and lambo i see doesnt want anythign to do with goin fast let alone racing. I see you say that you would destroy him from a dig, how is that? he is awd no? i know they aint made for 1/4 mile BUT most of us have seen teh lambo that launches on streetfire.com. It moves liek a damn rocket. GJ on not getting destroyed!

John
Old 07-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Launching!

well guys thank you all very much for reading the story and I am sorry for it being so long. I read in Road and Track that when they tested the Gallerdo it did a 12.30@117mph so to correct it all no I would have not of destroyed him but it would of been pretty close since I doubt that he knows how to launch it. And yes 329 at the rear wheels and the reason why I kept up with him is because of my converter and gears and shiftkit. numbers mean alot but aren't everything. and yes 100octane unleaded burns faster and better than 93,therefore the computer will raise your timing only if you let it learn how to deal with the race gas first like 2tank fulls before you go to the track which I did.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Higher octane gas burns slower.

Good runs though, I see alot of exotics out here but they are always going the other way...I really want to run a Testarossa or Countach.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:17 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
wow....

paragraphs.

are.

your.

friends.
LOL! That's the first thing I thought when I read the first sentence . . . then quickly skipped to the end

A Gallardo is no match for a decent H/C packaged LS1 with a good tune; in ANY straight-line race.

I know from a COUPLE of different personal experiences

Nice death
Old 07-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

sick dude put a blower on it then yo'll murder him off the line nice death