Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

having trouble with my ramcharger timing tuner box.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default having trouble with my ramcharger timing tuner box.

i have a head and camed 01 car with a t.n.t wet kit. i got the ramcharger timing tuner box so i can re-tard the timing for my nos. the fuel will spray but the nitrus will not. my friend installed my t.n.t kit and it worked great but has not worked since the box has been added. before and after i spray the grean light is on,no blinking of any lights or anything like that at all.i have a msd window switch,we by-pased that to see if it was working against the box,but still nothing. we have tried to get this to work for MANY HOURS and i give up. i'm running a full tune,31-32 deg of wot timing and my car is running better then ever on motor,so i need this box to work. by the way-the directions to the box kina suck too. thanks for any help, mike c.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you using the widow switch in the timing tuner?

So your fuel solenoid works when being used with the timing tuner but your N2O solenoid does not work? When the fuel solenoid is working do you get the red led to light up? It sounds like your ground on the N2O solenoid is bad, I mean if the one solenoid is working the other should too, unless it's a bad connection.

Matt

Originally Posted by mike c.
i have a head and camed 01 car with a t.n.t wet kit. i got the ramcharger timing tuner box so i can re-tard the timing for my nos. the fuel will spray but the nitrus will not. my friend installed my t.n.t kit and it worked great but has not worked since the box has been added. before and after i spray the grean light is on,no blinking of any lights or anything like that at all.i have a msd window switch,we by-pased that to see if it was working against the box,but still nothing. we have tried to get this to work for MANY HOURS and i give up. i'm running a full tune,31-32 deg of wot timing and my car is running better then ever on motor,so i need this box to work. by the way-the directions to the box kina suck too. thanks for any help, mike c.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

i'm not trying to use the window switch from the box,i'de rather use the msd unit. all i want to do is re-tard the timing only. the red light was lighting up,but after my friend rewired it,now only the green light is on. the green light is always on before and after i try to spray. ramcharger just told me i have to totally re-wire the system for it to work? i don't get it,it's only two wires gray and white and i have no clue to where they are to go? remember,my bud did all the wiring,i try not to mess with it,but now i'm in a jam because he cant solve this problem? one solonoid has two blue wires comming off of it and the other has two red wires (T.N.T KIT)and i don't know where the grey and white wires are to go? thanks mike c.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:12 PM
FormerVendor

Okay, so the red led did light up at one time? You need to go back to the way it was wired up, as the red LED indicates that the N2O relay has been turned on and the RTD spark advance setting is active. It sounds like you were 95% there and there was just a bad connection for the N2O solenoid. Let me know if you need the instructions.

Matt
Old 07-07-2005, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

i'm not sure if your instructions would be any different then mine??? would they? the way it was hooked up after i tried to spray it was blinking red and green over and over again. now it just stays green. my big problem is i didn't hook up any of this,so i would need directiond for dummies

Last edited by mike c.; 07-07-2005 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:10 PM
FormerVendor

Okay, they were blinking. Your relay from the TNT kit was not wired correctly for the timing tuner. PM me your email address and I'll send ya a quick wiring diagram. You're going to have to do some re-wiring.

Originally Posted by mike c.
i'm not sure if your instructions would be any different then mine??? would they? the way it was hooked up after i tried to spray it was blinking red and green over and over again. now it just stays green. my big problem is i didn't hook up any of this,so i would need directiond for dummies
Old 07-08-2005, 03:58 AM
10 Second Club

you have to get rid of the MSD box. i tryed that when i frist got my timming tunner and it caused all kinda of problems, sell your msd and use the timming tunner's window switch works the same and have had no probs with it. here is a wiring diagram

as i said dont follow the digram with the msd. the tunner wont work right with both
Old 07-09-2005, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

all has been fixed! thanks all.