Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

headlights problem HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights problem HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my cars headlights are making a weird noise! when i shut them off...they go down and the right headlight starts humming and vibrates the whole car! now i dont know if it has anything to do with the headlights but i think the noise is becuz the motor is going out...BUT im not sure...! i know the F-bodys have a record for window motors and stuff going out all the time...so figure it may be the same for the headlights. anyone know what im talking about? any help would be GREATLY NEEDED...if it IS the motor for the headlights how much will it cost to fix???
Old 07-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Launching!

sounds like it is just the gear for the headlights! It happened to me a while back...

There is a free fix... I don't remember where it is but I'll try to find it for you.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:19 AM
Launching!

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/#FreeGuide This is the link for the free headlight fix... he also sells the brass gear, but I didn't want to take the motor apart.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:08 AM
Staging Lane

well ill be darn....THATS GREAT!!! thanks so much that helps A LOT..guess i have my day planned lol thanks again
Old 07-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

ok ...now whenever i push the unlock or lock button on the keyless entry, the headlights go up and down by themselvs and then make the noise...why does it do this...and will it stop doing that whenever i fix the gear???? weird
Old 07-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Launching!

Again same thing with me... fix the gear and it all works...

I have no idea why it does this... but it does!

Take your time, and make sure not to install the arm backwards like i did... makes things not work properly!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by muscleHud
ok ...now whenever i push the unlock or lock button on the keyless entry, the headlights go up and down by themselvs and then make the noise...why does it do this...and will it stop doing that whenever i fix the gear???? weird
Its a problem associated with them breaking... Not sure if the gear will fix it or if the motor needs to be rebuilt.

Edit: Just checked, on the link posted eariler if you search it will say its 100% related to a worn-out gear...

Last edited by Charging TA; 07-08-2005 at 02:05 PM.