Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

scrathces

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy scrathces

ok i just got my car on tuesday and it has some scratches on the doors and on the back side of the car, and i was wondering whats the best polishe that i can get to remove the scrathces thatnks
Old 07-08-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you're doing it by hand, get some Meguiar's ScratchX. You'll need to wax the area afterwards too.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Junkie

How deep are the scratches? If they're down to the paint/sheet metal, your best bet is to take it to a shop. If they're just in the clear coat, a good polish like Menzerna Intensive Polish or Sonus SFX-1 and a real polisher (not just a buffer) will get them out. Check the PC FAQ at the top of this forum or hit a site like www.properautocare.com or www.autopia-carcare.com for some excellent write-ups.

-Mike
Old 07-08-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Both of the above are exelent choices. If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, there's not a polish that will really do anything for it though. The only way to get a scratch like that out (or any scratch really) is to take off the clear coat surrounding it. If your carefull and this is the kind of scratch you have, you might try some light rubbing compound (like 3M) or if that does'nt work you can try wet sanding it. If your not totally comfortable doing this though, take it somewhere and have it done. If you can't feel the scratch with your fingernail, ScratchX or something similar might work by hand, or the Menzerna IP or Sonus or some other type of machine polish apllied with a PC or rotary buffer should do the trick.

Quick Reply: scrathces