Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Security system problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Security system problem, please read.

I went to get my windows tinted today, and when the guy went to start it to back it in, it wouldn't turn over. It was sitting out in the rain, but it doesn't leak or anything that I know of. We tried pushing it and popping the clutch, it worked for half a second then it died. did that 4 times. we have no decided that the security light is blinking when the key is in the on position and that means something's triggered it. my friend looked up some stuff and said that if you jump the purple and black wires in the steering column, or under the dash, that it should bypass it. I left the battery off for about an hour, but to no avail. has anyone ever dealt with this before? i had to leave it in gonzales and I'm really worried about it. I should be able to get a trailer tomorrow, but i'd rather drive it. Anything would be helpful. thanks.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bypassed mine a few years ago. Do you have another key? You resistor may be wore. Just splice the 2 wires together and no more problems.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

figured it out and got it started, but now the A/C doesn't work. if it's not one thing it's another. the security light stays on now instead of blinks, even running.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Sounds like maybe you got some electrical problems. Check out the fuses and relays and scan for codes.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Teching In

i dont know what it is, but sometimes after i got my viper alarm they had to take out the chip that came with the car, that you need to start it. So now every once in a while it wont start for like 20 trys then itll go. Im not sure what this is, but if you ever figure it out let me know cuz it bugs the **** outta me too.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

go here:

http://shbox.com/1/how_tos.html

#21 and #22

that's what worked for me.