Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I underestimated my car tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 11:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I underestimated my car tonight.

Well, I thought I was gonna have my first loss on the street tonight. Ive been posting up about a buddy with a 1979 T/A with a mildly done up bigblock in it.

He keep losing to this modded civic hatch. The same civic hatch that I walked all over.

Well my buddy bought himself some slicks this week and I was over at his place installing a fuel pressure guage under my hood off the fuel rail as he was bolting them on.

Another friend comes over and then we decide to cruise over to a gas station, cause he needs some air in them, he puts them at about 11lbs then we cruise over to the carnival in town.

We walk around a bit talk to a few people then get back in our cars and head out. He's beside me on the street and our buddy sitting in his passenger seat asks if I wanna head out to the airport road. I shrug "sure".

I was honestly thinking that, ok Im gonna lose just cause I spin so damn much off the line with these 275/40/17 falkens that I temporarily have on the back of my car. Meanwhile he's sitting pretty on some slicks.

So we get out to the road, he pulls in the oncomming traffic lane, does a burnout, then we line up. He's got his car stalled up a bit, and my buddy has his arm in the air.

I honestly thought I was going to lose. I didnt have a problem with it because I knew it wasnt a fair fight, and that it was just for comparisons sake.

I just have my left foot on the brake, and right foot ready to pound the gas when he drops his arm.

So he drops his arm, and we both just let er rip. Well he hooks nicely, as I cant get traction and Im sort of skating forward and he's barely a nose ahead of me.

I gain traction and then it was over, I just walk past him and looked like he was on the brake or stuck in quicksand.

I turn around and we start driving back home and he gets in the other lane again. So I figure ok I can do this again.

My buddy drops his arm down, we both take off and this time I am spinning real bad and I can feel my rear end go sideways during shifts as I cant even keep traction. He pulls about a half car on me till I hit traction and then he again is just gone.

So we get back to his place and he asks me if I figure he'll do any better against the civic. I told him I figure he should take him this time or it'll be damn close.

I walked over that civic and he was using spray against me. He beat my buddy on all motor. Should be a good run, I'll post it up Sunday.

On a side note, Ive got someone that wants to run me on Sunday. Its a guy in an LT1 vette. I was told the year but forgot it. Its a 90's computer controlled car anyway.

I was told he has a comp camp roller cam, trickflow heads, and all the bolt ons. Only problem is because of its age, he hasnt even gotten a computer tune done on it yet.

My buddy told me today, if you have any tunning up you wanna do to your car, do it in the next couple days cause he wants to run you.

Well I just put in a 160 tstat and come morning Im installing my LCA relocation brackets, then boxing up my stock LCA's with the welder.

He has slicks on his vette, so Im gonna show up with mine. I am again doubting my car and shouldnt be. What do you guys think?
Old 07-09-2005, 12:24 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

To long to read but good kill..
Old 07-09-2005, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you can hook up at all I'd think you'd have a real good shot at beating that Vette, you should at leat be able to hang with him even if you have traction issues.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:19 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by dan03mach
To long to read but good kill..
---> summary:
Originally Posted by anubis
I gain traction and then it was over, I just walk past him and looked like he was on the brake or stuck in quicksand.
Good kill.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Hey aNuBiS Nice Kill Where abouts in Canada are you? Also where is airport road I might know the place?
Thanks
Old 07-09-2005, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Im in Northern Ontario. I do know where Beamsville is, Ive bought some parts off Auto Dynamics in your kneck of the woods!
Old 07-09-2005, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
If you can hook up at all I'd think you'd have a real good shot at beating that Vette, you should at leat be able to hang with him even if you have traction issues.
Well I just finished installing LCA relocation brackets and box welded my stock LCA's to stiffen them up. So I think once I put on my slicks it'll hook like a bastage.

I'll post a link to a thread of what I did.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...68#post3176268

Last edited by aNuBiS; 07-09-2005 at 05:52 PM.