Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Truck broken into tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Truck broken into tonight

Well, I was down at Side pocket tonight...errr this morning....and when I go to leave, I start my truck and wala no stereo face plate. They took nothing else. No cd's that I'm aware of, none of my duty gear:
Outer belt
Magazine holder w/ two magazines (unloaded)
EMPTY Gun holster
Two handcuff cases w/ cuffs
Asp Baton and holster
Stinger XT Light and case
none of my binders, books, or anything in the back seat. They just took the d*** faceplate. Talk about being a Grade A A** HOLE. Whats worse, they did no damage getting in, no windows, or messed up doors. I had left my windows cracked and they pulled the window down enough to get something in and pull the lock. Thats my best guess. But now for my question, Since they just took the face plate can I get a replacement from Alpine? Cause I don't have the money to go out and buy another radio. I'm barely scraping by as it is now. Man if I ever catch who did it..... We dusted for prints and we found one partial but b/c it was smeared we couldn't do anything with it so...... Looks like i'm up a creek w/o a paddle or boat. Any thoughts or ideas on how to get a cd out of the unit being that it won't power on w/o a faceplate?
Old 07-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Launching!

You can get the replacement.... they usually are about 100+ though.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

That sucks. I had the same thing happen to me a while back. They took the face plate only. I figure they just needed the plate or the idiots couldnt get the deck out.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

I've seen Alpine faceplates pop up every now and then on E-bay!
Old 07-10-2005, 04:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There are a lot of those faceplates on ebay right now.....wonder where they came from
Old 07-10-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

From what I hear, new faceplates are well over a hun $$$. Ebay is going to be your best bet. Google is your second best bet.