Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The night of a 1000's races!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The night of a 1000's races!!!!

Well maybe not 1000 BUT there was 7. That is a damn good night. Ill start from least respectful kill to most respectful.

Race 1. mid 90's GT 4.6l.
I saw him and another mustang, mentioned later in the post, gettin off the highway i was on to go onto another highway. I persuit and both the mustangs have exhausts and who knows what else. That could have been the extent of the mods for both for all i know. I slowed down to get him next to me and while im slowing down he nails it from 5 cars back. I wait till he gets to my tail and nail it. He barely gets past my front bumper when he cant stay ahead of me nemore and i start to pull REAL hard. Like he was standing still. YAY

Race 2 Porsche Boxster S.
I doin my usual rounds of the area lookin for fresh meat when i see a new boxster with big *** tires gettin on teh highway. I happily follow and chase after him on the onramp as he is accelerating. I am on his *** in seconds and fear that i might have scared him from wanting to race. So i keep it slow as we pass some construction on teh road and then when it opens up i get next to him. I hear his engine rev high and he takes off. I was in 3rd we were goin about 45-50 and he didnt even get past my front bumper and he was gone and in my rear view mirror. I got off the highway and he gives me the thumbs up and honks going on his merry way. YAY

Race 3 Subaru WRX STI.
I saw him going the other way on a local road so i turned around and followed him. Saw he had a exhaust, and from a later talk with that him he had some other light mods and a boost controller. So i get next to him and i have it in 3rd gear goin around 35-40. He downshifts and nails it and i nail it. He never pulls on me even before i get to boost and then when i do its like he was standing still. We slow for the stoplight we are coming to. He asks WTF i have done to the car and i say about the turbo adn that is about it for go fast goodies. He says **** i race alot of people but noone ever pulls like that.
So we take off from the light, but he didnt do a awesome launch liek a AWD car can, So we are neck to neck for first while i spin the dragradials and i go to second and spin some more. The whole time next to eachother then i get to 3rd where i can get traction and the raping begins. YAY

Race 4. 03-04 cobra.
Was driving behind me and the aforementioned GT and appeared to be with the guy. The Cobra had a exhaust but i havent a clue what else. As before mentioned that could have been teh extent of the mods but i dunno. So i slow down at the next big straight piece of highway and let him get next to me. He takes off but gets less then a car on me when i reel him in and pass FAST. I slow down again and he appears to want to do it again so i do and it is the same outcome but this time i stay in 4th adn let him get about 2 carlengths before the turbo is spooled. It is over before he knows it. We slow down to regular speeds and he opens his passanger window and yells past his G/F, "That car is ****** quick!" YAY

Race 5 03 KB cobra.
Now this race i cant really call a "win" but listen to the whole thing and decide for ya self.
So i have heard about this guy for a whiel and all his buddies trash talk my Camaro everytime I drive by. I have a buddy that has a mustang with a vortech super adn he talks to them, that is how i know about tha trash talkin. So he appearantly has all the mods. Full exhaust, fuel, dragradials, and of coarse the crown of it all a KB blower. He says that he makes 610 RWHP which is totally believeable with a KB.
So i drive to the spot that the mustang guys usually sit adn as soon as i get to the intersection that i have to turn at to turn into the parkin glot that they are all in i see the cobra pulling out of hte parking lot. So i turn around and give chase. We get onto the highway adn i put it in 3rd, it is the optimal gear for the speed we were at, and i get nexto to him. Well while i was getttin next to him he downshifts and slows to let me get next to him. So i end up passing him adn i slow down. The second that i get bumper to bumpoer he takes off. I wasent expecting this as most people either honk or look at eachother and try to get a even launch off each other so taht noone calls BS. Well he gets 2 cars on me and by the time i get to the top of 3rd im on his bumper. Im thinkin AWESOME im gonna pass him. I shift into 4th hard and....RAWR!!!! The clutch doesnt liek making more then 600 RWTQ it appears. So i let off for a millisecond and mash it again. By the end of 4th im on his rear bumper again and he lets off.
We get back to the spot they hang out at and im talkin to my buds on teh other side of the lot and my mustang bud comes over and says "i heard the bad news". I say well i definatly cant call it a win but i definatly would have won had we started next to each other. So i said well tell him i wanna give it another go. So he goes over and tells them and comes back saying "they said you ****** lost so STFU and go away"....... I dont take lightly to people running thier mouths so i stomp over to the group of 30 and start yellin. I start with anyone that doesnt own the cobra i raced shut your ****** mouths. I came over here to set this straight or to make someone shut up. There is a awkward silence and they start the "well dood who was ahead at teh end of the race?" and i said he was but ask him who jumped the gun and made it a unfair race. I looked at the driver adn he said that he did infact jump the gun. More yelling and it is decided that i will follow him later when he leaves and race again. Well cops show up and kick us all out and all the 50 cars that leave makes it tought to race the guy so nothign happens. YAY

Race 6 Yamaha R6.
This race brings us to the highway again. I see the guy comin up FAST and slow down when he gets to me. There is noone else on the highway and i wait for him to get next to me. I rev it as he is next to me and he looks over. We are goin about 60 so i have it in 3rd. He drops a gear adn i punch it. He immeaditly punches it, buts starts to fall back. When i ge to 5th i got a couple lengths on him. He gets next to me and gives the thumbs up. YAY

Race 7 Yamaha R1
I was getting gas at the end of the night and i see him pull into the same gas station so i say to him all teh nice **** to get him all pumped up to race. Like nice bike, damn that looks and sounds fast, what all ya got done to it? To which he replied about the exhaust adn something else that i couldnt understand with his helmet on. So i say well if you dont mind could i race you to see how my car does against a liter bike, as the other one i raced a week ago i figured he didnt know how to drive or somehting since i beat the other guy. He obliges and we are off the the highway for a showdown.
We get on the highway the whole time he is doing a wheelie. Definatly knows WTF he is doin. So we start out real slow from about 25. Im in 2nd as i have not a chance of traction in 1st at this speed. So we take off adn i start to pull right from the get go. I go through 3 gears adn when i go to go into 5th i miss adn have to **** aroudn for a sec to get it into 5th. He catches up right as i get it into 5th.
We pull off the next exit and he says "**** that is fast! You got a turbo i hear?" I said ya and started with the niceities about his bike again as i dont like making people feel bad about losing. Even if it is a bike.

Well that is about hte BEST night of racing i have had since i stopped going to berlin TPKE as it is cop central now. I hope yall enjoy and i made paragraphs so yall cant complaing about ya eyes hurting adn ****. Thanks for reading!!

John
Old 07-10-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn you went through a lot of gas. Good hunting though
Old 07-10-2005, 02:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wish for one night i could see half of that action but it sucks here.

Good kills man
Old 07-10-2005, 02:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TKO52
I wish for one night i could see half of that action but it sucks here.

Good kills man

I agree with this guy!!! Good kills!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

sounds awsome, but what HP do you put out and 1/4 ET? and wats all your mods
Old 07-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Teching In

how come the only time you had "clutch problems" was against the cobra

Looks like you had some good races though!
Old 07-10-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

The Cobra was the first race of the night. For some reason it gets better the more i beat it. I dont understand it but what can ya do. And teh problem was as soon as i shifted into 4th it jsut spun to the rev limiter. It shifted fine but i didnt go newhere.

As far as my mods i jsut have a Phamspeed single turbo kit with a T76s. I did all the fuel and drivetrain mods to be able to pound on it. But the engine is totally stock except for valve springs and pushrods. As far as RWHP well i made 531 at 10 psi and when we turned it up to 12 it was making 75 horse over the last run BUT i had a shitty hose clamp on 1 of the intercooler pipes cause i didnt have enough T-bolt clamps so we didnt get to do a full pull to see what it made. I am currently running 13 psi so i am thinkin that i am at or around 650. Of coarse i cant back that up with a dyno graph but the proof is in the puddin.
I unfortunatly havent made it to the track yet as i wanna get the meth finished and all setup adn tune the car some more to get it runnin perfect. I aint lookin to make more then 650 but i do wanna make it a safer 650. Im gonna finish the meth today and get a clutch this week hopefully, then tune the car next weekend with a bud of mine and should be able to hit the track the following weekend. Prolly get only 1 pass as it should be well into the 10's with the BFG drag radials. I think once i heat them up they should stick great. Thanks

John
Old 07-10-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

excellent racing! i want to hear about the rematch with the KB cobra.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Banned

Default Sweet mann

Hey nice job!! i need to to get out and race some people once i am tuned! I got one win under my belt 05 GTO last night on 4 psi on rich/safe tune but the auto loves the boost LOL j/k.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Good ones, Way to go John!