Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help! - Monsoon LOC'd

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 03:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! - Monsoon LOC'd

I have no idea what the hell is going on but, something weird has happened. Went out Sat. Night to hear a band. Got to the place about 9:30pm (looked at clock on Monsoon when I parked and it was 9:35). Came back to the car to leave about 2:30 - 2:45am. Get in, start 'er up, look at the clock and I see "LOC" in the display. Never seen this before but, now the stereo won't turn on. I can load and eject discs but, no tunes. What happened?! My first thought was that maybe somone tried to break into the car but, no signs of that, nothing's missing. No signs of any physical abuse to the exterior either. Has this happened to anybody else? How do I un "LOC" my Monsoon and get my music back?? Please Help!!
Old 07-10-2005, 04:53 AM
Staging Lane

Oh man... look in your owner's manual for exact instructions, but it has to do with the delco theftloc.
there's a code that you'll have to put it using the head unit... if you're the original owner, then you or the dealer put it in... if not, then the original owner probably activated it and set the code. From my experiences, you WILL need that code... maybe there's something that GM can do for you if you don't have it.
Good luck... if you don't have your manual, let me know, I'll type the instructions out for you later.... as for now, I'm off to bed before work tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Staging Lane

As for what happened... no clue. It tells you to disarm the unit before you disconnect the negative battery cable to do any work...
Old 07-10-2005, 05:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Does anyone read the FAQ ?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/303776-frequently-asked-questions.html
Old 07-10-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Old 07-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Or search:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=theftloc
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=theftloc

These are two of many threads. At some point the code you puch in on the phone changed and the second thread above mentions that and lists the new code.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

2Much… thanks for the FYI. But, you might want to update that FAQ. It's not exactly right. I got the 6-digit code off the radio and called the 800# but, when I tried to enter that code (202107) the recording kept saying invalid code. After three tries they hang up. This happened a few times. When the pre-recorded message answers the phone, it gives single digit Division codes. Chevrolet - 1 ; Pontiac - 2 ; Oldsmobile - 3 ; Buick - 4 ; GMC - 5 ; Cadillac - 6 ; Canada - 7 ; Saturn - 8 ; and there's more details about Saturn depending on model year and such. Anyway, after trying several different scenarios, I entered the code 102107 and it worked. Monsoon's back in business!
Old 07-10-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

btw…any ideas why the Monsoon spontaneously locked?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
btw…any ideas why the Monsoon spontaneously locked?
Loose power connection or dying battery.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

It worked for me recently. I will look into it...

LOC kicks in when the unit loses power.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

It worked for me recently. I will look into it.
Check out the threads I posted.
It seems that the phone system/message may have change a while back.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

…here's something else. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but, last month when I installed my new Infinity Kappa speakers I also installed the GM9-AUX cable for iPod hookup. Everything's been working great since the install. Saturday I was in the garage detailing the interior and I was listening to the iPod through the Monsoon with the ignition in ACC mode. First time I had done that. Sounded great, worked fine. And, the battery is a Delco from the dealer which was installed less than 2 years ago. I've had no problems at all with the battery. Anyway, once I got the code and unlocked the Theftlock, stereo and CD worked fine but, no iPod. So, I did the first thing I always do when troubleshooting problems with electronics. Power down and check connections. Pulled the HU and unplugged the GM9-AUX cable and re-seated all the plugs. Everything works fine now. So… what do you guys think? Gremlins?!
Old 07-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

I am not surprised about the GM9-AUX. Mine didnt work for the first minute that it was installed and just suddenly started working. I had this happen with two different headunits. I think the issue is with the headunit seeing and learning what it is. There is just some delay in the headunit.

Quick Reply: Help! - Monsoon LOC'd