PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does flashscan have the ablility to unlock a PCM?

Old 07-10-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does flashscan have the ablility to unlock a PCM?

like the title says, I'm just wondering since my flashscan has not come in the mail yet.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

You can lock a PCM with the personal version, but the Personal version can unlock one if you provide the correct password.

From the manual:

Locking a PCM is currently only available to Commercial and Workshop versions of EFILive. Unlocking a PCM is available in all versions of EFILive.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXNC5
You can lock a PCM with the personal version, but the Personal version can unlock one if you provide the correct password.

From the manual:

Locking a PCM is currently only available to Commercial and Workshop versions of EFILive. Unlocking a PCM is available in all versions of EFILive.
I have a PCM with a stock tune on one of my spare PCM's that I wanted to retrieve the stock tune out of since my LS1 EDit does not work anymore, I wanted to just leave the PCM in there but I believe the the dealer locked it even though I obviously had a modified street car. If I cant unlock it I guess I can put the old PCM Back in. Thanx for the reply anyway though.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

I don't think a TechII can lock a PCM, it has also been said before the LS1Edit lock does not stop EFILive or HPT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does flashscan have the ablility to unlock a PCM?