Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

retro ss badges

Old 07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retro ss badges

i have a 2000 ss, and i'm thinking about putting the 60 year model badges on it, how are you guys doing, are you actually drilling a hole in the fender, or is there a company that makes them that stick on, also if you have pics post them, i saw one on here not to long ago that was yellow, that had retro badges but i cant find it now, thanks guys
Old 07-10-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could always make them stick-on with some of that emblem adhesive from just about any department store. Im not sure if those old emblems have studs on the back or not. I believe they do, but you would grind them off. IMO i would rather do that then drill holes in case i changed my mind.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can use some of 3m's adhesive once you grind off the studs on the back of the emblems.
BtW just hit 150 posts!
Old 07-11-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When i did my '69 z/28 emblems i ground the studs off the back and used emblem tape i found at a local auto parts store. Its called u-FIX-it double stick mounting tape. I cant pull the emblems off by hand ( had it in the wrong spot first attempt ) and had to use fishing line to saw it off. Been on the car 3 months and havent moved or anything.

Just dont go drilling holes in your fender, i ground the studs off on my bench grinder!

Search this Thread