Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Porsche GT2=fast

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche GT2=fast

So its a nice saturday and my friend and I are just chillin. We decide we will go get some lunch in his C5(98 M6), drop the top, good times. We get on the freeway just cruisin', and we see a C6 up ahead. My friend doesnt really race much, but I decided to play the devil on his shoulder and tell him to run the vette. As we pull up to the vette a porsche flys buy us. GT2...Holy cow! So we gun it and cut through traffic. Take it up to some speeds that were go straight to jail. The C6 was not in the mood to be crazy, but this porsche was flying. As soon as we got into some open road w/o traffic we both lay on it. There was no chance in hell. I have been in some races w/ my friend and nobody has laid down an asswhoopin like this. We were at 120 or so and backed off cause he was GONE. He must have been doing 150 plus and still putting bus lenths on us. This is just a stock C5, but he has held his own vs some faster, high dollar cars. After the race we were both hyped up. I must have been nervous, or got too excited cause my lower back got all tense and was hurting for a while. Ive had a poster of that car on my wall for years and it was super cool that we got to run one, made my day. Just wanted to share cause you dont see many of those often.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man i wish i could run into one of those. Too bad yall lost. Cool seein those porsches though.

John
Old 07-11-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i love them cars too.. a while back there was a silver one running around town with 19" hre`s on it and i talked to the guy he said it was built and dynoed 700hp the the wheels and a local f-body guy had a bolt on m6 with a 150 shot raced him and it was a slaughter! but it was kool as f#$% to see that thang race..
Old 07-12-2005, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Whats the power/performance numbers on the GT-2's when stock?
Old 07-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Teching In

477hp/472 ft-lb
Zero to 62 in 4 flat
Top speed of 198mph

I saw one on a big track a month ago, incredibly fast and impressive car. First one I've ever seen up close.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i was ever rich thats the car i would buy no lambo here give me a gt2 anyday of the week..