Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Old school vs new School

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 05:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Old school vs new School

Was up at the crusie spot by me sat night when a old mustang pulls next to me looked to be a 71 around there mint cond.Cage skinnies and big slicks out back and the smell of cam 2.This guy pulls next to me asks I want to run for money I only run for fun so he agrees.We go down to the spot and go from a roll in first gear.I missed second two times in a row.So we finally get a good run in we are neck and neck the as I shift into third he pulled a car on me.Well I give him a thumbs up take my loss like a man.He wants me to pull over to check for spray.He could,t believe my car hung with him turns out the motor is built 427 with a two stage says it runs 10.90's on motor.I showed him I had no spray that it was all muscle.A bunch of the school guys were in the parking lot and said I had a freak that ir runs strong swore that I had stroker or spray.I was happy to be thought that my car had mods that it didn't have.

Well I went two for three that night beat up on a supercharged 99 sallen s281e with addiontial mods.Put a couple cars on him shut down in third gear.Raced a new mach with light mods from a first gear roll by the time I hit third he was 5 cars back.Saleen guy was a ***** wouldn't acknowlodge me.Guy iin the mach gave me a thumbs up.
My mods are H/C and some bolt on's 01 SS
Old 07-11-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

ha ha when you mentioned no stroker i was like huh? cause of your name, good runs though, missing second twice in a row j/k
Old 07-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Apparently Canadian and American english are different, cause that was pretty hard to understand. What does the donkey have to do with the race?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool runs.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

A couple of things: 1. A lot of "old school" guys consider a "built motor" a camshaft, intake, carb. I'm not saying what he did or didn't have, but a "fully built" 427 would put down better #'s than that. 2. Most people like to quote their "best" ET's when boasting about what their car runs, I'd bet 10.9's would be his better runs. 3. Obviously just because your car runs XX.XX at the track doesn't mean it'll run that on the street. I'd bet your SS would put down at least a 11.5 or so, which sounds about right for the race. 4. Lastly, I'd be willing to bet the farm that he had a C4/6 in that Mustang, geared accordingly. I find it a little hard to believe that he'd pull on you in high gear where he's already strung out. I think it's not out of the question that he might have tapped the button a little on one of those stages towards the end.

I'm just speculating though

Sounds like a fun run...

Jon
Old 07-12-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is totally believeable to me. If he is 10.9 with big *** slicks, prolly clickin off 1.3 60', and you sound like 11.5 for your car then that woudl explain why it was so close. He didnt go from a dig which is where those drags give him the big advantage. Like COMNBYU said he might have tapper the spray for the last leg of the race. I certainly would if i was being hung with by what i thought was stock ish car. LOL GJ man

John
Old 07-12-2005, 03:22 PM
9 Second Club

Thanx Guys it was a rush just tryed to exlpain the best i could how it went down not the best writer though.