Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

bleeding question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy bleeding question

I am gravity bleeding my hydraulics due to clutch sticking to floor and being mushy after hard shifting. After a few minutes the fluid is now dripping out of a slot nearly right beside my oil filter (towards back of car and over a couple of inches). I think it is between my tranny and engine. Am I doomed to costly repairs or is this normal during a bleed? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Teching In

I am no expert, but the location of the leak sounds like it is close to the location of the Slave Cylinder. Is it leaking from the side of the trans or the bottom? If the fluid is simply dripping down the side of the tranny from the Bleeder valve on the Slave, you may not have a serious issue. But then again, I am no expert.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Im no expert either....but is the car sitting level?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

The car was on ramps and the dripping was right from the bottom. There is a small space between the tranny and the engine that emitted the fluid. I'm done with it as I drove it without the clutch to the dealer. What an ordeal! I started it in second and it lurched forward where I kept it until I got there. This shouldn't happen with only 52K on it. Luckily I love the car or it would be gone. Thanks for the response guys.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

So is gravity bleeding simply opening the bleeder with the pedal up (not depressed) allowing fluid to drain?

Quick Reply: bleeding question