Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to replace PCM grommet

Old 07-12-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to replace PCM grommet

Anyone have to replace their PCM rubber grommet? Any idea whats involved? I don't want to cut any wires, is there a compression grommet or something else I could use? Basicly I f***ed up the stock grommet and now I have a leak when it rains. I don't want to cut all the wires that I already have run through it.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can stretch it over the connectors, they all release from inside the vehicle, under the passenger side kick panel.

Better question is WHERE can you get the grommet?

I have run 4 gauge wire through these grommets before, without damage.

However, I did cut mine when I first bought my car, and need to replace it as well... dealer wants $1300 for the wiring harness with the grommet.. I told them where they could shove it.

Ryan
Old 07-13-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can stretch it over the connectors, they all release from inside the vehicle, under the passenger side kick panel.

Better question is WHERE can you get the grommet?

I have run 4 gauge wire through these grommets before, without damage.

However, I did cut mine when I first bought my car, and need to replace it as well... dealer wants $1300 for the wiring harness with the grommet.. I told them where they could shove it.

Ryan

Search this Thread