Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Remote Opener problems....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX Remote Opener problems....

I have a new NX remote opener, the black one...

It will open and close the bottle once, then, I can here it turn but the bottle will not re-open...

I have seen some people say to install it with the bottle valve opened half way, but NX says to do it fully open...Is this the issue??

Could it be a clutch thing?? The remote maybe closes it to tight? And then it doesn't have enough power to reopen it??

Any ideas????
Old 07-12-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am waiting for one myself and am interested in the response.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

You can adjust the clutch on it.. PM NXRICKY or maybe he'll notice this thread and give you the details on how
Old 07-13-2005, 01:32 AM
TECH Resident

I had the SAME exact problem! You shoulda got instructions on how to adjust the clutch with the opener, but if you didn't, you just unscrew the top part covering everything up. I can't exacly remember what I did, I just fiddled around with tightening and loosening it until it started working. Hope this helps!

-somebody
Old 07-13-2005, 11:24 AM
FormerVendor

95% of the time there is an adjustment issue when an opener is not operating properly. They come preset from the manufacturer, but that is not always correct. Here's how to adjust the clutch.

Somebody09 was mostly correct. To adjust the clutch on the motor remove the cover that is on top of the motor (it should just pop off, with some persuasion). Next, remove the the four screws from the top of the motor. This will remove the aluminum body from the motor. Now you should be able to see a big phillip's head screw on the bottom side of the motor and a 1/2" nut on the top side. An easy way to adjust it is to put a screw driver in a vise and hold the motor down on it very firmly. Then take a 1/2" wrench and turn the nut, either clockwise to tighten the clutch or counterclockwise to loosen the clutch.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

Cool, I figured it was a clutch thing...Will give it a shot ASAP