Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hissing sound, need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hissing sound, need help

I have a 98 TA and just installed Pacesetter LT with a TSP ORY. I have checked all the clamps and there are no leaks, i have checked and tightened all the header bolts along with the egr and air bolts, but i am still getting this hissing noise. I only hear it when accelrating,not while idling. I didnt hear it much on the first day, but now i really hear it. I used restrictor plates for the AIR, can the smaller hole be whats causing the hissing/wissling type noise i am hearing, or can it just be an increase in valve train noise? I dont hear any tapping or knocking, it is consistant with the rpms, it's always there, and i have lifted the car and checked for leaks a few times with non to be found. Any assistance would be apreciated. Also, i dont have any vacuum leaks.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

anyone????
Old 07-13-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Thats Odd I Cant Think Of Anything Exhaust Related That Would Hiss Unless It Is A Small Hole At One Of The Welds Of The Header But If It Was That Small U Probably Wouldnt Hear It
Old 07-13-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 89lx-ls1
Thats Odd I Cant Think Of Anything Exhaust Related That Would Hiss Unless It Is A Small Hole At One Of The Welds Of The Header But If It Was That Small U Probably Wouldnt Hear It
I was told by pace parts that it is the restrictor plate. Since the hole for the AIR is smaller than stock, instead of ticking, he said i will hear more of a sucking air type hissing sound.