Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question..

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question..

I got pacesetter Lts with emissions ****. If i get an LS6 intake w/o the EGR i know im gonig to throw a code, but can i leave it just unconnected and zip tie it to something in the engien and get a mail order tune to tune out the emissions SES from not having the EGR on the ls6 intake?

Or will having it hooked into the headers and not the intake **** everything up?

And dont tell me to just unhook the EGR cus im not hooking it back up when i sell the car which will be in a year or two.

Thanks lol
Old 07-13-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can also modify the intake to accept the EGR.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also SLP makes an LS6 style intake that will hook up to the EGR. it is a little pricey, but if you don't want to un hook the EGR then it is an option to consider. oh, i wouldn't leave the EGR hooked to the header and not to the manifold. EGR tube - being hooked up to manifold = big time exhaust leak.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2000blackta
also SLP makes an LS6 style intake that will hook up to the EGR. it is a little pricey, but if you don't want to un hook the EGR then it is an option to consider. oh, i wouldn't leave the EGR hooked to the header and not to the manifold. EGR tube - being hooked up to manifold = big time exhaust leak.

Thats what I thought, would happend alright thanks.

And yeah linguinfelter (spelling) has an EGR adapter for 75 bucks or something thats in the new SDPC magazine. But for the price a used Ls6 which is around 300-350 plus that its almost worth it to just get the SLP one.

I wish we could get a GP