Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed heads......problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installed heads......problem

Well mechanically everything is ok. However I have an issue with my intake air, or I assume that is the problem. Car is idling close to how it did before(around 800) when still. The problem is that it is hanging around 2100rpms when I am coasting in neutral. Also when I am in gear the car just keeps pulling, I have to hit the brakes to keep the car at a certain speed. At first I was thinking vacume issues, but I checked and it seems ok. Also thought about the intake seal(weiand intake) but it would act more funky at idle I would think. The only things that make sense is that I am getting more air through the mass when I am moving. Which would be the TB seeping air. I had nearly the same issue before when I drilled an idle hole in the plate for my cam. I have filled that hole up with epoxy a while back, so what the hell? It comes down to idle speed at a DEAD stop. Rolling at 2mph it still hangs up high. I am at work now, but I am going to take a break and pull off the lid and MAF and see if the TB butterfly seems to be sticking opening or something........

Brandon
Old 07-14-2005, 09:16 AM
10 Second Club

My cam only car likes to keep speeding up even when I'm of the gas. I thought it was normal because this is my first cammed car. My throttle body is drilled like you explained so maybe that is the problem. I'm going to put a stock blade in it and see if it stops. Sorry I can't help you too much but thanks for helping me without even knowing it, lol.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

read Nogo's guide there are a few suggestions if you car goes on cruise control. I think you will get better answers in the computer section.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Just pulled off the MAF and lid. The Tb doesnt seem to have any seal issues. I am stumped.

Brandon
Old 07-14-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default creeping rpm

Did you tune the car after the install??
Old 07-14-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is the cable on the Tb in the right hole? doesn't some TB's have more than one option to connect? Of course, if that was the case it wouldn't ever idle low, and would roar at idle I would think...never mind.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BOONE
Did you tune the car after the install??
No, just finished the install Tuesday. I really think its an accessory/vac. issue rather than tuning. No doubt I need to get it tuned, but that isnt all the problem, I dont think anyways. Tonight I am going to make sure that both vac. lines on the back of the intake are on and tight. I am also going to pull off the TB and seal the gastet with RTF, since the top thread is screwed and I need to retap it. The throttle cable actually has a hair more slack in it than before, so that isnt it.

Brandon
Old 07-14-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BrentB@TEA
read Nogo's guide there are a few suggestions if you car goes on cruise control. I think you will get better answers in the computer section.
Thanks Brent, I couldnt find the guide. Do you happen to know the link.

Thanks

Brandon
Old 07-14-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definately sounds like an air leak going on. It would help if you had a smoke machine to test for gasket leaks. Go through the vacuum lines to the brake booster also.