PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR 205's installed now tunning with HPtuner ????

Old 07-14-2005, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AFR 205's installed now tunning with HPtuner ????

Hey guys,I just got my AFR 205's installed today and have HP tuner softwar on the way. Can anybody tell me what all I will need to look at or change. The car was dyno tuned with my mods in sig. just want something to be thinking about while I wait on the softwar thanks.

Last edited by ldickson; 07-16-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

Look at your PE settings, Ltft's, timing, Maybe rev limiter, idle trims. Go to hp tuners forum, look at getting started and sticky on top programming for dummies. I did a writeup there that is EASY to follow and should get you started in the right direction. Dunno what else off hand.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

prob need to lower timing seeing better heads help the fuel burn so you dont need as much timing, maybe though but just log it. there are pleanty of write ups all over this site, i think there is a sticky with a good bit of info in there
Old 07-15-2005, 01:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
prob need to lower timing seeing better heads help the fuel burn so you dont need as much timing, maybe though but just log it. there are pleanty of write ups all over this site, i think there is a sticky with a good bit of info in there
Yep thats what I had to do. Nothing at all changed and I installed Heads, LS6 intake, did LS6 PCV mod and ported TB all last weekend. I thought I would have to retune but I didn't. Everything stayed inline except for my timing like WS6 stated. In some areas of WOT I needed to bring it down a lil as I was getting some knock.

As for you since your just getting the HPTuner you gotta go from the beginning and tune the VE tables and stuff first so just go about it as like you were just tuning your car for the first time as you really have nothing to go off of.

Good luck.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
Yep thats what I had to do. Nothing at all changed and I installed Heads, LS6 intake, did LS6 PCV mod and ported TB all last weekend. I thought I would have to retune but I didn't. Everything stayed inline except for my timing like WS6 stated. In some areas of WOT I needed to bring it down a lil as I was getting some knock.

As for you since your just getting the HPTuner you gotta go from the beginning and tune the VE tables and stuff first so just go about it as like you were just tuning your car for the first time as you really have nothing to go off of.

Good luck.

So your saying that I will have to retune everything again and I cant build off the tune that I already have with ls1 edit??
Old 07-15-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can build off of it might just have to redo some things
Old 07-16-2005, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Great, thanks for the input guys

Search this Thread