Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$600 to spend on exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Default $600 to spend on exhaust

alright guys im gettin my new car.....i have $600 saved up and want some exhaust what can i do? i was thinking some used pacesetters and hooker catback, or maybe get some true duels fabbed up(dont know what kinda money that would be) what do you guys think..........assuming that im buying used parts off here or ls1.com(which is currently down! )
Old 07-15-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get some used pacesetters and y-pipe, and then get a nice catback, unless you can find a good used dual setup. (catback could also be used). i would pick duals over a catback in a second.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd vote for Pacesetter LT's. I sold my Dual/Dual after getting the LT's and had a 2.5" TD system fabbed up and dumped at the axle. It was right around $500-550 for everything. I used the Sweet Thunder chambered mufflers and the sound is absolutely badass. I recommend however that you run it out the back or out the side. The interior volume isn't too bad, but the rattles continue to get worse. I can deal with it for now, but I am just waiting to run it out the side. If I could do it over, I'd have bought mandrel bends from Summit and had a friend weld the duals up for me. I had flanges welded on the collectors so everything will drop nice and easy. If you know someone who would hook you up with the welding, I suggest you do that so you get everything exactly where you want it. My clearance is alright, but I could have done better. Good luck and let us know what you decide. Oh yeah, Hooker is badass with headers. But nothing can touch the TD sound.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Veteran

TD's are the best sounding you'll get. But they can be on the annoying side if you don't run them out the back. Get a deal on some used LT's, buy an X-pipe ( I have a Dr. Gas 3" for sale btw) and get a couple of bullets/chambered mufflers. Most exhaust shops can fab them up for you if you take some pics with you of a setup you like. Just do a search for True Dual pics and print them off and take with you. I only paid $100 for the install b/c I had pics of how I wanted it done and they had never done it before, so the pics came in handy.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

so you dont think getting a shop to fab iot up would be that much money? it sounds like pacesetters ory, and fabbed up true duels is the way to go......ill be installing it by the way...so theres no labor involved unless you count the true duels...
Old 07-15-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Mine installed on my Camaro was the cheapest I've heard of on here. One guy told me $300 and it'd take him all day to do it, I went to the next place and they said "you got any pics? Yep, right here. How's $100 sound? Sounds good to me." They were done in an hour. Wasn't mandrel bent tubing, so it had the usual pipe bender dents, but 3" flows alot anyway, and I didn't have over 350hp,so that was the best route for me. Mandrel bends will cost more if you have a shop that does them, which is rare. Or buy some bends from Summit and take with you if you have to have them. You don't need an ORY pipe since you'll have dual exhaust. Just the headers, H or X pipe, and mufflers.