Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drill threw the throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drill threw the throttle body?

im about to install the jets and it says on this kit to drill through the plastic intake tube,clamp,and the throttle body near the butterfly. can some one show me a pic or tell me if that is where i should put the piece.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:30 PM
9 Second Club

The plastic/rubber tube that connects the throttle body to the airbox. It's connected at the throttle body with a clamp. With everything still connected drill though the clamp into the throttle body. After, remove the clamp and tube and remove any debris left over from drilling. I assume they included a tap or at least told you the tap size. Tap the throttle body then reinstall the tube and clamp, lining up the holes as before. Then install the nozzle. Before you drill a location make sure the nozzle will clear the belts and the hood when closed. Good luck.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

are u tryin to put a nozzle directly into the TB? why not get a n2o plate, it would be easier. also do not drill then remove, remove parts first then drill.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Restricted User

W?TF would you install it so close to the TB anyway? Hell I dont even like the position of the TnT Ring/HPE Ring (which I will be using). I prefer the distance of the MAF kit. Do a a search for nozzle pics or something.