Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new clutch does not look good

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new clutch does not look good

I ordered a new clutch and it came to my house today. I took it out of the box and did not feel real good about what I saw. The fly wheel looked like it had been in another car and the clutch plate was defective. I have sent an email to the company that sold it to me to get their opinion on my problem but they do not work on the weekend so I will have to wait till monday to see what they say. take a look and tell me what you think.
Attached Thumbnails new clutch does not look good-mvc-011s.jpg   new clutch does not look good-mvc-012s.jpg   new clutch does not look good-mvc-034s.jpg   new clutch does not look good-mvc-033s.jpg   new clutch does not look good-mvc-032s.jpg  

Old 07-15-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are a few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails new clutch does not look good-mvc-031s.jpg   new clutch does not look good-mvc-030s.jpg   new clutch does not look good-mvc-029s.jpg   new clutch does not look good-mvc-028s.jpg   new clutch does not look good-mvc-027s.jpg  

Old 07-15-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is shipping damage. The flywheel is usable, but that disk is fubar.

What kind of clutch is that? I don't recognize it.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The flywheel has not been used from what I can see. Just a little bit of rust. The flywheel looks like it is just a little digned up. I would send it back.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1madss
That is shipping damage. The flywheel is usable, but that disk is fubar.

What kind of clutch is that? I don't recognize it.
It is from a non sponsor so I do not want to say until I hear back from them. I was just expcting the flywheel to look a little cleaner. If that is how they look after being on a balancing machine then I am fine. The clutch plate is what got to me the most.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Restricted User

The cluth plate looks like a stock Z06 plate. It is ruined...you want it perfect so it won't directly affect your balance. The flywheel looks a little scratched up but should be usable - after some TLC. Either way I would send both back. I would be embarassed sending a product out like that in such condition. If it's an issue of shipping damage, they need to find a better container/box to ship them in.

Quick Reply: new clutch does not look good