Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SLP Ram Air HO Hood...Functional???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SLP Ram Air HO Hood...Functional???

I didnt know whether to post this under engine bolt-ons or appearance, anyway, here goes.......Slp claims that the Ram Air HO hood is functional, and will work with the stock airbox. Can anyone verify this? My 02 TA is stock, and a non-ram air car. Slp claims that the hood can add up to 10-15hp. Is this with the stock non-WS6 airbox? Does it just shower the engine bay with cold air, or is it channeled into the airbox for ram-air effect??Please advise!!
Eric M.
2002 Pewter Trans-Am
stock 23k miles
Old 07-16-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Regular

It is functional, I had it... mine was a stock 99 TA. It shoots air underneath the front of the stock air box. The only real difference between a Ram Air TA and a regular TA (besides the hood of course) is that the Ram Air TA has a bigger gap under the air box, than a regular TA does. I'm not sure how else to describe it. I don't know about the HP claims though. You might want to do the free ram air mod as well.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

ive got the SLP HO hood and its functional shoots air right where the OEM Ws6 hood does. Not sure of those HP gains though b/c my car came with the hood and never did a before/after dyno.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

got the hood too. Also don't know of gains, didn't dyno it before or after.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info, I was thinking of going with the hoods from ramairhood.com or suncoast creations, but the more I see of the SLP hood the more I like it, its very aggressive and seems to really make the car look meaner, which is what I want. By the way, I love the pics of the black TA, AWESOME!!
Eric M.
2002 Pewter TA
stock 23k miles

Quick Reply: SLP Ram Air HO Hood...Functional???