Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Dual/Dual and/or Spintech w/Mac's owners inside please...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Dual/Dual and/or Spintech w/Mac's owners inside please...

How do those respective mufflers sounds with Mac Midlengths?

I was searching on LS1sounds.com but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I have a Gerloch's(Mufflex) muffler now and like the sound but my catback is falling apart(the guy that sold it to me hacked it up pretty bad and it just really should be replaced).

With the price of used catbacks these days it's pointless to just get a 3'' Ipipe made.

So how do those mufflers sound on a stock internal LS1 w/Macs? I don't want something that's raspy or REALLY loud. My muffler now is quiet for the most part with a little rasp at around 2500 and I don't want it to get any worse.

Thanks for the help guys!!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:06 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spintech flows awful and sounds tinny (I had one). The SLP dual/dual flows very well and is very quiet at idle. You may want to think about other options like Magnaflow, SLP 2OTL (great sounding catback- not too loud either), Hooker, etc.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:58 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Spintech flows awful and sounds tinny (I had one). The SLP dual/dual flows very well and is very quiet at idle. You may want to think about other options like Magnaflow, SLP 2OTL (great sounding catback- not too loud either), Hooker, etc.
Did you have any dyno numbers for the spintech muffler? Or any proof that its flows shitty? Just curious cause I had the muffler on my car and didnt feel any decrease in performance while it was on. Just curious is all thanks.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

You should try the 3.5, or 4 inch Spintech kit that mufflex sells. They sound much deeper than the 3 inch. Most catbacks that aren't a staright through design are going to rob you of horsepower, how much though usually is irrelevant until you start doing a lot of mods.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:44 AM
12 Second Club

I have a SLP 2OTL but it's from my thirdgen. I "could" make it fit but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

spintechs sound freakin awesome. imma prolly go with them next.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:47 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lithium
Did you have any dyno numbers for the spintech muffler? Or any proof that its flows shitty? Just curious cause I had the muffler on my car and didnt feel any decrease in performance while it was on. Just curious is all thanks.
Yes I did (lost 15rwhp to a cutout). I specifically refer to the Spintech splitcase sportsman. Perhaps their single in/ single out designs flow better, but then again I have a chart that has muffler flow comparisons and Spintech is pretty far down on the list.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:04 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Yes I did (lost 15rwhp to a cutout). I specifically refer to the Spintech splitcase sportsman. Perhaps their single in/ single out designs flow better, but then again I have a chart that has muffler flow comparisons and Spintech is pretty far down on the list.
Oh ok, thanks for the help.