Sponsored by:

HP ReTuners, VE Calc, RW Dyno, Performance Analyzer

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP ReTuners, VE Calc, RW Dyno, Performance Analyzer

HP ReTuners

VE Calc, RW Dyno and Performance Analyzer all from a little bitty .HPL log file.

He you go, my first version for release. Try it out and let me know. Consider it freeware with a "paypal me if you like it" twist. Critcism and suggestions welcome. If you have trouble with one of your logs, send it to me so I can see why. Only had a few logs to look at while building it. Formatting could be different. Please read the entire help section before using or making up your mind about it.

The above is from Phillip Smith a.k.a. Bluecat over on www.kyhorsepower.com He asked that this be posted on here for everone to try out and feel free to ask questions through me and Ill forward them to him. Who knows, he is becoming such a ls1 nut he might have to just join up on here himself. Between him and Alex Procter my car is running like a champ these days. Like I said, please post up your results.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Linky no worky
Old 07-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Link works. Sent Email to original poster to provide further information. If possible step by step instructions. It really makes radical changes to your VE table.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yah worked for me as well...but i popped in 4 of my dyno runs for my gtp...read about 130hp too high...maybe its cuz i locked the converter?...also had issues getting my 1/4 mile runs to even work...i even put in the frames for start & finish but it still didnt wanna pick it up...and instructional would be great but its nearly self explanatory.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how can i contact the dude that wrote this? i've been working on something similar, and i'd like to compare approaches.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by foff667
yah worked for me as well...but i popped in 4 of my dyno runs for my gtp...read about 130hp too high...maybe its cuz i locked the converter?...also had issues getting my 1/4 mile runs to even work...i even put in the frames for start & finish but it still didnt wanna pick it up...and instructional would be great but its nearly self explanatory.
Send me you logs and I'll have a look.

GTP? I really only intened this software for LS1's, but I'm willing to expand if I can get enough data.

No automatics have been tested with the dyno part, might be your problem. Need some logs of autos. Speed sensor has real low resolution (1 mph increments) so I filter it with rpm data witch makes stalls need a diferent algorithm. It has code for autos, but never tested.

Performance calc also has yet to be verified. Cut and pasted most of the code from my LT1 program and updated. Need good logs with dead stop to 100+ with no wheel spin (don't laugh).

Thanks,
Phillip Smith
phsmith@surfbest.net
Old 07-18-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made one of these a while ago, filtered with rpm data and everything. The results weren't very useful, i don't think i'd use them to make tuning changes.

I did find that my bfg kdws tires can only pull about a half g accelerating before they spin .
Old 07-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Default Example

From the email's I am getting, let me show an example of what to expect from the VE calc.

Uncheck the "Fill Voids" button so you can see what the log file really told my program.

This was a faily short log, with a little bit of stop and go driving, a little idling, and 2 1500-6500 rpm WOT pulls in 3rd gear followed by leaving it in gear so it would slowly fall from 6500 to idle with the throttle closed as the car slowed down. (All decribed in the help file). The red lines indicate where you have to have data. With out info here, the program has to do to much guess work. The blue lines indicate where data would be nice, but this paticular log was lacking. Even though it is not a great log for VE calcing it still created a pretty nice VE table...

This particular table was created by a 01 6-speed with a G5X2. Notice the VE is down around 30% at 800RPM/50KPA where the car idles and VE hits around 95% on the big end at WOT. I feel this is a real good starting point for a car with that size cam, and would require little tweeking to get perfect.

Here is a dyno run from the same car..

I feel the numbers are about right for a car with these mods. (I know they are, we went to the real dyno the next day )

Hope this helps,
Phillip Smith
Old 07-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Teching In

In the previous post I meant "VE hits around 90% on the big end at WOT." not 95 as I miss read above. Used to 100KPA being in the last colum, not 105KPA. I'll get broke of LT1's yet.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluecat
Send me you logs and I'll have a look.

GTP? I really only intened this software for LS1's, but I'm willing to expand if I can get enough data.

No automatics have been tested with the dyno part, might be your problem. Need some logs of autos. Speed sensor has real low resolution (1 mph increments) so I filter it with rpm data witch makes stalls need a diferent algorithm. It has code for autos, but never tested.

Performance calc also has yet to be verified. Cut and pasted most of the code from my LT1 program and updated. Need good logs with dead stop to 100+ with no wheel spin (don't laugh).

Thanks,
Phillip Smith
phsmith@surfbest.net
I'd like to check out your LT1 program. Is it available for download?

Quick Reply: HP ReTuners, VE Calc, RW Dyno, Performance Analyzer