Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little help please...

Old 07-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help please...

I took my SS to get tuned Saturday and they think my cam was installed off degree. What symptoms would I be experiancing if this were true? Car seems to run great with the only issue being hot start trouble. You have to bump the starter about three times when it's hot in order to get it to fire. When it does not start in this situation it usually has a little backfire or pop out the exhaust pipe. I did use a new LS2 timing chain. Cam is a 226/226 .591 on a 112LSA. Any thoughts...?

Update:

I have put about 200 miles on the car since the cam install and it still running great. However, I still have the occasional back-fire when trying to start the car after it has been warmed up. Could it be a valve not seating properly? Could it be a vacuum leak of some kind? It is less frequent now than it was right after the cam install but it is still happening. The cam is installed properly we have checked that.

Very important: If I did have some p/v clearance issues wouldn't it be obvious? I mean wouldn't I be able to hear the metal on metal terrible sound? Wouldn't my motor be damaged or destroyed by now if this were the problem? Can anyone help me figure this out. As I said, out side of the occasional back-fire the car runs great! Any help?

Search this Thread