Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why are ricers out of there freaking MINDS?? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are ricers out of there freaking MINDS?? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

It seems like on a daily basis i get some goof ball in a civic or prelude sitting next to me at a light reving there motor. I am so fed up and done with messing with these fools. They are out of there minds and drive like some of the crazyist son of a bitches i have ever seen. Im going to do my driving record a favor and just ignore these guys. I just really dont get it. Some of these guys put a muffler and a K&N air filter on there car and all of the sudden they are gonna beat my 00WS6. Give me a feaking break.

LETS HEAR YOUR FUNNY RICER STORIES!!

CHECK OUT MY RIDES 00WS6 AND MY OLD 98Z28
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2049422
Old 07-18-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Its V-TECH man the baddest motor on gods green earth.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Hell, I get it alot too and I think its funny. But, I dont really hate on the guys too much. RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG!!! Many of these are just kids that cant afford anything faster.

Now to the guy that spent 12k making his civic run a 13.5 I ask WHY? If you were to put that kind of money into a car that was already fast it would be a beast.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:38 PM
SSU, come over and relax

now that i got my headers and ory on its like they hide from me
Old 07-18-2005, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Theres a solution to this. Get yourself a large cam, headers, and an open cut-out or dumped true duals. Down here, I RARELY, if ever, get a rice burner rev on me or try to race me. I made it so my car has a lot more bark than bite. If a ricer does rev on me, its so he can hear my exhaust. Believe me, these stupid ricers have so much money thrown at their car sometimes, they actually believe they have a FAST car. They don't want to cry and be heartbroken when they lose, and a car sittin' at the light shakin' and choppin' and stinkin', they ain't gonna **** around with.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

yea i dont really get many problems with them either, actually most of the time when i cruise by them at normal speed they hang back and dont even try to aproach my 00ss.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JBGRAYTA
Theres a solution to this. Get yourself a large cam, headers, and an open cut-out or dumped true duals. Down here, I RARELY, if ever, get a rice burner rev on me or try to race me. I made it so my car has a lot more bark than bite. If a ricer does rev on me, its so he can hear my exhaust. Believe me, these stupid ricers have so much money thrown at their car sometimes, they actually believe they have a FAST car. They don't want to cry and be heartbroken when they lose, and a car sittin' at the light shakin' and choppin' and stinkin', they ain't gonna **** around with.

LOL very true. I never and I mean never get anyone to mess with me anymore. I kind of miss it.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

luckily for me, the stupidity has for the most part stayed out of st louis, you guys must be retard magnets or something
Old 07-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Teching In

at least you get picked on by prelude's and civic's, i had a kid with a subaru outback trying to get me to race him on the freeway.
i casually nodded "no thank you" and continued to cruise home.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

Now to the guy that spent 12k making his civic run a 13.5 I ask WHY? If you were to put that kind of money into a car that was already fast it would be a beast.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Ya know we always bitch about these roadclowns but realistically many of us would miss it if they weren't around. They often add a little more fun to a daily drive. I think most of us get some enjoyment out of educating these poor bastards.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Regular

After just the cut-out alone i rarely get ricers that wanna race. There have been a few though. Two particularly that actually gave me a pretty good run. I could hear there damned turbos over my car when thwey shifted. But both of them sadly didnt hang past mid second gear. Other than those two, most ricers are scared off and wont even pull up right next to me at a stop light, they kinda hang back half a car length.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

i dont have these problems anymore cuz i just ignore em. thatz the best way. SAVE GAS, easy on motor/tranny/rearend. only race when itz worth it.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

I think it's an age thing, when you've only been driving a short time your civic may seem like a beast compared to the family truckster.

Every area is different I guess, around here (S. Oregon Coast) I really haven't had too much frustration, that is except for all the FordBoys... I really don't have anything (major) against Ford, but they sure act like they got something against me this town seems full of mustangs and focus'... If I make eye contact with one of these guys they are always looking pissed off at me and throwing revs and riding my rear bumper.... I'm like hey, lets pull over and talk, we both have nice rides, (I've owned a mustang even, shh ) but when I pull over they just flyby. Since I've owned my TA I've done this countless times! never even ONCE did one of the little ****** pull over to talk.... one dude in a focus did that to me just last week, he even flipped me off when he went by.... I've talked with ricers tho, they love to stop and talk LOL so I dunno.... a moron is a moron, don't matter what you drive.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get fats and skinny's and only fast cars will try you
Old 07-18-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's a few ricers in my town, millions in my area. They just kind of weave through traffic, being douches. Oddly enough, i've never been passed by a ricer or ever really seen one going my direction when i drive my car. It's always when i'm in a lesser car that i see these guys. They're like hyenas. Big, stupid, flatulant hyenas.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
They're like hyenas. Big, stupid, flatulant hyenas.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
There's a few ricers in my town, millions in my area. They just kind of weave through traffic, being douches. Oddly enough, i've never been passed by a ricer or ever really seen one going my direction when i drive my car. It's always when i'm in a lesser car that i see these guys. They're like hyenas. Big, stupid, flatulant hyenas.
same here.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Same with my luck: If I'm in my truck or g/f's Cougar, they're everywhere, but if I'm in my T/A, I'm lucky (or should I say unlucky) to encounter one of these retards. There's thousands in my area, but rarely any when I'm in the T/A. And if I do see one/some, they're going the opposite direction.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

when i get nitrous.. im thinking about making the purge exit left and right directly into the other lanes... incase a get ricer next to me with a open window.... they'll remember never to rev thier **** again.