Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solid motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solid motor mounts

I understand that the current motor mounts in our cars have a rubber compound on them or something, and with a cam, the motor shakes a lil' bit. What would the result be by replacing them with solid ones? Would the car really shake, rattle, and roll? Is there a company or vendor that sells them? Not saying it would be a good idea or anything, just venturing out a bit. Having a car LITERALLY shaking from side to side would be kinda cool though.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will shake more side to side (the car, the engine won't) instead of rattle. I'd get poly, they are easier to find. Plus solid could cause false knock.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have a friend with solid mounts, theyre not as harsh as you would think, but then again thats just my opinion, id say go with the poly first and see how you like thoes.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I did poly mounts and my motor is very still compared to stock. The car shakes a very tiny bit but nothing bad.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
I did poly mounts and my motor is very still compared to stock. The car shakes a very tiny bit but nothing bad.

Who did you get the poly mounts from??
Old 07-19-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Yeah, poly mounts are the way to go. Solid mounts would probably be a bit to much for a street car. Thunder Racing sells the Prothane brand, nice product. I just installed mine a few weeks ago since I already had the heads off, real easy to do. It's looks like a bitch to do with the heads and headers still on though. The shifter is much more stable now and the car does have a nice firm rock to it when the cam hits on idle. It's a nice mod to do.

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&sid=137#P1366
Old 08-06-2005, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Yeah, poly mounts are the way to go. Solid mounts would probably be a bit to much for a street car. Thunder Racing sells the Prothane brand, nice product. I just installed mine a few weeks ago since I already had the heads off, real easy to do. It's looks like a bitch to do with the heads and headers still on though. The shifter is much more stable now and the car does have a nice firm rock to it when the cam hits on idle. It's a nice mod to do.

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&sid=137#P1366
I just installed my protane mounts and the car seems slower the exhast is louder and it is a drastic increes in vibration i dont know if I did some thing wrong It dosent seem right any help would be appritiated thank you

Tom