Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Wanted to share some pictures of some GM products at ALMS 2004 Laguna Seca

Old 07-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted to share some pictures of some GM products at ALMS 2004 Laguna Seca

it's a forum right... and we forum nerds/geeks (call us what you want) love to see pics right? Well.. i do. =))

Here are some pics from American Lemans 2004 at Laguna Seca. I'm a photographer... will be heading down to Portland Lemans 7/29-31 to see the Caddys and the C6Rs.... will also be heading down to Laguna Seca again this year too.

I just saw the sticky's at the top of this forum for the NW car shows... I'll be heading to as many of those to take photos. I'll also be watching for when you guys go out to Pacific Raceways and maybe snag a few shots for all of you as well.

Enjoy!!

Old 07-19-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice pics, I love the look of those caddys!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will probably be there.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

I have never seen a caddy look so riced out in my life. I like cadillacs and have owned a few but those just look like crap. IMHO.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:42 AM
12 Second Club

Those Caddy's don't looked riced out they look like you better pull over before they eat you.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Resident

The Caddys look like real race cars, not riced, IMHO. I totally agree w/ Steve is that they look like they are just going to crush you if you don't move over.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

I concur
Old 07-21-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by howierd42
I have never seen a caddy look so riced out in my life. I like cadillacs and have owned a few but those just look like crap. IMHO.
Much to learn have you, young padiwan. When I saw those cars in portland last year Louis had to pry me away from them so I wouldnt hump one of the fenders.

Not only did I have a hard time keeping my pants up while looking at those pictures, it made me want to go back to the dealership for the 3rd day in a row to look at V cars again.

Angelini and Pilgrim have been having a hit and miss season this year so far. Last year they were a force to be recconed w/.

I dont want to get into the politics of the World Challenge series but the CTS-V race cars had some serious advantages over the other teams. To make a long story short, the only thing keeping the from running with the C5-R vettes was a C5-R under the hood. They were allowed to use the LS2 intakes when all the vette guys were forced to run the LS6 w/ a restrictor plate. Thats just scratcing the surface though. Now that the C6R is in the World Challenge series it has evened the playing field a bit.

Kimchee, thanks for the pics. You have some m4D sK1lLz with a camera yO! When are you leaving for portland? Maybe we could ride down together since my wife wont be going with me this year.

Oh, almost forgot, Mallet Cars is making a carbon fiber hood for the V cars that matches the CTS-V racer hood
Old 07-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Did you see Louis win last weekend on the speed channel?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

That would have been Lou. Louis is the crew chief. Since I dont have cable I dont get to see any of the races until Lou posts the incar video. Then I have to download it and burn it to CD.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
Much to learn have you, young padiwan. When I saw those cars in portland last year Louis had to pry me away from them so I wouldnt hump one of the fenders.

Not only did I have a hard time keeping my pants up while looking at those pictures, it made me want to go back to the dealership for the 3rd day in a row to look at V cars again.

Angelini and Pilgrim have been having a hit and miss season this year so far. Last year they were a force to be recconed w/.

I dont want to get into the politics of the World Challenge series but the CTS-V race cars had some serious advantages over the other teams. To make a long story short, the only thing keeping the from running with the C5-R vettes was a C5-R under the hood. They were allowed to use the LS2 intakes when all the vette guys were forced to run the LS6 w/ a restrictor plate. Thats just scratcing the surface though. Now that the C6R is in the World Challenge series it has evened the playing field a bit.

Kimchee, thanks for the pics. You have some m4D sK1lLz with a camera yO! When are you leaving for portland? Maybe we could ride down together since my wife wont be going with me this year.

Oh, almost forgot, Mallet Cars is making a carbon fiber hood for the V cars that matches the CTS-V racer hood

Thanks man! I say hell yeah.. I leave Friday 7/29... I'm taking the day off. =)
If you are interested... shoot me an email

kimcheebowl@gmail.com
Old 07-21-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Dang fellas. I just said I thought the caddies looked riced out. Maybe it's the tail? Maybe it's that a CTS just looks like a redesigned Catara or Cimeron to me. I just don't like the design of the car. The XLR though, I love the looks of that thing.

Kimchee: Those are some sweet pictures. If you weren't a pro, I would look to make yourself one.

The C5R looks good to me. I would move out of the way for that thing. But those Caddilacs just don't do it for me. Maybe I'm tainted as a Cadillac purist (they should be big, chromed and more luxurious that anything on the road -- which they have not been since the '70s, or before). Sorry, just my oppinion.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by howierd42
Dang fellas. I just said I thought the caddies looked riced out. Maybe it's the tail? Maybe it's that a CTS just looks like a redesigned Catara or Cimeron to me. I just don't like the design of the car. The XLR though, I love the looks of that thing.

Kimchee: Those are some sweet pictures. If you weren't a pro, I would look to make yourself one.

hehh...THANKS MAN!! I'm establishing my name in the photography world... www.noreduction.com is my new company... fingers crossed. =)
Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

That would have been Lou. Louis is the crew chief. Since I dont have cable I dont get to see any of the races until Lou posts the incar video. Then I have to download it and burn it to CD.
Louis, Lou, Louise?

I have it saved on my tivo. Scotch and cigars, bigscreen?
Old 07-21-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rokko
I have it saved on my tivo. Scotch and cigars, bigscreen?
youre on!
Old 07-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Cool, we'll have to nail down a time to watch it in the near future. I haven't seen it yet either. I caught the end of it and them interviewing Lou, then they showed him going dounuts in the vette! Once I saw his name I thought of you and I searched until I found the next showing and set it up to record.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

I've got 4 brand new cubans ready to smoke. =))

2 romeos 1 bolivar and 1 machine rolled cuban. =))
Old 07-21-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

AWESOME! Another smoker in the group. I REALLY need to go through my humidor tonight and freshen it up with the heat we have been having lately. I would hate to
see my collection get ruined becuase I have neglected them.

BTW: Just found this.
http://www.cadillac.com/Spotlights/CTSV/shell.html
Old 07-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

AWESOME! Another smoker in the group. I REALLY need to go through my humidor tonight and freshen it up with the heat we have been having lately. I would hate to
see my collection get ruined becuase I have neglected them.

BTW: Just found this.
http://www.cadillac.com/Spotlights/CTSV/shell.html
Man.. this forum kicks butt... can't wait to see your V. I'm assuming you'll have it modded to the hizzao!!
Old 07-21-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

If and when I get one it will only see minor bolt ons if anything. It will be a daily driver for me. I already have 1 money pit that hasnt run in over a year, dont need 2.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanted to share some pictures of some GM products at ALMS 2004 Laguna Seca