Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Flowtech headers the same as Hooker?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Flowtech headers the same as Hooker?

Hooker is owned by Holley which makes the Flowtechs. If you looks at the pictures they look like the same header. Am I wrong? Almost $135 less for the same painted header!
Old 07-19-2005, 04:41 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If recall from some photos, the Flowtech has a shorter, flanged collector. Hooker has a longer, slip fit collector.
Exhaust port flange in the Flowtech is flimsier from what I hear. One of the long tubes has a notch in it. I've heard Flowtech owner reviews range from "not bad for the price" to "oh my Lord, why did I get these?" (or something along those lines).
Old 07-19-2005, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Hooker is owned by Holley which makes the Flowtechs. If you looks at the pictures they look like the same header. Am I wrong? Almost $135 less for the same painted header!

i thought the same thing as you and was considering buying a set, then i started hearing all these bad things about them cracking at the welds and the coating being no good. if your looking for a good deal on some headers, try out thunderracing.com they are running a special on pacesetter lt' and ypipe combos. i have pacesetters and alot of people on this board have them as well. good quality and the best for the price imo. if thats not the way you wanna go, then check out mac mids, they are good as well. all in all i say avoid the flowtechs.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

My flowtech's are fine, little surface rust, no leaks, cracks or dents, and have been on the car for a little over a year. They are the same design as the hookers with a flanged collector instead of slip fit. The flowtech y-pipe is a POS!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Trans Am Kid
flowtech y-pipe is a POS!!!!!!!
Yeah my y-pipe cracked but other than that my flowtechs are great. They fit great and are alot cheaper than hookers.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

In my opinion Pacesetters are better than both.Not much more than Flowtechs ,cheaper than Hookers and fit great.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

flowtechs are NOT the same as any other header out there..the flanges are only 1/4" and when you torque the headers down it bends the flange at every bolt

Pacesetters still best bang/buck by a mile